• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMB RAIDER starring Alicia Vikander (2017)
1 1

94 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

and theres only one on that list from the 21st century.... its just not the same entertainment ecosystem as it used to be...

Agreed. There are just so many of these big productions pumped out now.

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Really? I thought the first two Tomb Raider games were cutting edge at the time, and were one of the reasons I went out and bought a Playstation.

My other two in the trilogy of must have games back than was Resident Evil and Legacy of Kain. 

btw both Tomb Raider 1 and 2 sold a combined 15 million copies for the Playstation 1.

That's outstanding when you think it was bought with 1990s money.

Related image                 Related image

Because Metal Gear Solid exists...

Because Castlevania Symphony of the Night exists...

Because Final Fantasy VII exists...

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

I will give you

Related image

as a Holy grail.

They are all good games ,but none made me want to buy a Playstation like Tomb Raider or Resident Evil did back then.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I think videogame movies are were like comic book movies were for a long time. Just mediocre. They haven't had their Nolan Batman Trilogy or Marvel Universe kind of movies yet.

They will though eventually.

My money is on Nintendo getting some decent movies made of their top characters.

Nintendo has always been like Marvel in away, and I could see them demanding top quality movies in the future.

IMHO.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:
3 hours ago, darkstar said:

I will give you

Related image

as a Holy grail.

They are all good games ,but none made me want to buy a Playstation like Tomb Raider or Resident Evil did back then.

I agree Resident Evil was something else. I wouldn't play that game at night lol.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think videogame movies are were like comic book movies were for a long time. Just mediocre. They haven't had their Nolan Batman Trilogy or Marvel Universe kind of movies yet.

They will though eventually.

My money is on Nintendo getting some decent movies made of their top characters.

Nintendo has always been like Marvel in away, and I could see them demanding top quality movies in the future.

IMHO.

The Nintendo Select is amazing. Zelda has made me forget about my PS4 games.

41 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree Resident Evil was something else. I wouldn't play that game at night lol.

The Playstation 1 was kind of like a cool transistion from comics. Early 90s had the Image guys leave Marvel and DC Superman dying than I felt I had outgrown comics, as I felt burnt out around 1994-95 with all that speculator 90s comics dreck coming out. Along came Playstation 1 with Resident Evil for me and lots of other people from that generation to give us a new hobby that was as cool as comic books.

Yep, Resident Evil has to be the holy grail for why most people bought the Playstation 1.

Image result for Resident Evil (PS1 — 1996)

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

4 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Watched TR yesterday and I found it ok, something to watch and that was all

Walton Goggins aka Lee Russell from Vice Principals was the villain, its different seeing him do a serious role, usually enjoy his comical side

You've never seen him in Justified?

4 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Walton Goggins aka Lee Russell from Vice Principals was the villain, its different seeing him do a serious role, usually enjoy his comical side

You should see Goggins's desperate acting in 6 seasons of The Shield available on DVD or download.

13 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

You've never seen him in Justified?

Outstanding show. Solid character, where he was a villain but someone you felt bad for due to his upbringing. Between this and The Shield he stood out. Which with the latter, there were quite a few solid actors.

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Haven't seen the new one yet....so this isn't a comment on NEW vs OLD. But basically Angelina Jolie in her prime put butts in the seats, 90% of America has no idea who Alicia Vikander is

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Outstanding show. Solid character, where he was a villain but someone you felt bad for due to his upbringing. Between this and The Shield he stood out. Which with the latter, there were quite a few solid actors.

I love the Shield.