• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2018 at 12:50 PM, ygogolak said:

Huh? It's going to be a movie with Dave Bautista.

You seem confused on what "Pump and Dump" is. It's when you are spreading false information for your personal gain. What it's not is reporting facts or stating a personal opinion on something you like.

No.

It is when you are hyping something you own for the express purpose of building interest, and thus demand, and offering it for sale, either then, or at some future time, whether the information presented is true or not, whether the motives of the pumper/dumper are known or not.

If you believe your definition, your accusations over the past year are even more insidious and offensive.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:50 PM, ygogolak said:

You seem confused on what "Pump and Dump" is. It's when you are spreading false information for your personal gain. What it's not is reporting facts or stating a personal opinion on something you like.

16 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No.

It is when you are hyping something you own for the express purpose of building interest, and thus demand, and offering it for sale, either then, or at some future time, whether the information presented is true or not, whether the motives of the pumper/dumper are known or not.

If you believe your definition, your accusations over the past year are even more insidious and offensive.

Welcome to 4 months ago. Please tell me how reporting a fact is pump and dump?

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
On 6/23/2018 at 12:50 PM, ygogolak said:

16 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No.

Welcome to 4 months ago. Please tell me how reporting a fact is pump and dump?

"when you are hyping something you own for the express purpose of building interest, and thus demand, and offering it for sale, either then, or at some future time"

10 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"when you are hyping something you own for the express purpose of building interest, and thus demand, and offering it for sale, either then, or at some future time"

Hyping is not reporting facts. These are different things. If I say, "hey, this comic got optioned." That's pump and dump? NO

Isn't there anyone else with 4 month old comments you can troll?

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:
13 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Hyping is not reporting facts. These are different things. If I say, "hey, this comic got optioned." That's pump and dump? NO

Read it again, this time critically.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:31 PM, ygogolak said:

Sold for $650. Always check the Watchcount.

I know this is an old post but what does this mean? Did it not sell for $1200? How can you tell it sold lower by the watch count? I don't even see the watch count showing on the ending listing. 

2 hours ago, SBRobin said:
On 6/21/2018 at 4:31 PM, ygogolak said:

Sold for $650. Always check the Watchcount.

I know this is an old post but what does this mean? Did it not sell for $1200? How can you tell it sold lower by the watch count? I don't even see the watch count showing on the ending listing. 

It's a reference to a website http://www.watchcount.com/    Once you're on that site you enter the ebay ID number in the "keyword" field and click enter to get the actual sales amounts when things like best offers are accepted & it'll even link you to foreign ebay sites where actual amounts are retained.  

37 minutes ago, SBRobin said:

I had no idea the sold price wasnt the actual price if there was a buy it now option. Thanks!

The sold price is the actual price for "Buy it Now"

The sold price is not visible on eBay US if "Or Best Offer" is accepted. Watchcount.com is where you can find the actual sold price if "or Best Offer" is accepted.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 10/20/2018 at 2:36 PM, ygogolak said:

Isn't there anyone else with 4 month old comments you can troll?

While I love the Feud.  Body Bags Wasn't a Hype or Pump and Dump.  If a Film is made, gets traction and a hit.  This book will skyrocket.  There just hasn't been Movie news and Speculating aint wrong..  I for one Consider this a Hold until Trailer maybe some Studio or Comicon Hype.  But If you Buy a Book on Casting Story and sell before film news well You are a Flipper and That is a shoot.  

11 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

While I love the Feud.  Body Bags Wasn't a Hype or Pump and Dump.  If a Film is made, gets traction and a hit.  This book will skyrocket.  There just hasn't been Movie news and Speculating aint wrong..  I for one Consider this a Hold until Trailer maybe some Studio or Comicon Hype.  But If you Buy a Book on Casting Story and sell before film news well You are a Flipper and That is a shoot.  

gag.gif

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

:signfunny:

6 hours ago, MediumLover said:

That book has sold at auctions for $242, $221, $257 this month. Maybe the seller F-ed up?

We are still watching the show. The last few episodes were pretty wild.

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

Reminds me of R.I.P.D - that's a lot of ifs.

1 minute ago, seanfingh said:

Reminds me of R.I.P.D - that's a lot of ifs.

Agreed and I could care less but a B book that Jumped up on Ebay on a Casting news would Cool.  I should Clarify, I think cooling off was inevitable but RMA accused Ygo of Pump and Dump.  I see no one dumping or pumping.  It is all wait and see.  It Could be RIPD there are comparisons are there.

Seems some people may be unaware. In June, popular WWE wrestler and GotG actor, Dave Bautista signed on to play a role in a movie called Dogtown which is based on the comic Body Bags. Not sure how that is pump and dump, but some seem to think it is.

https://www.cbr.com/dave-bautista-body-bags-movie-dogtown/

Edited by ygogolak