• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I am a bit out of the loop.  What is happening?

They are taking a year break. That was around the end of July. So we are about 4 months in. I would think around the 6-8 month mark would be the lowest. Assuming they start to talk about it coming back around the 8-10 month mark.

34 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

They are taking a year break. That was around the end of July. So we are about 4 months in. I would think around the 6-8 month mark would be the lowest. Assuming they start to talk about it coming back around the 8-10 month mark.

"At least a year".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/saga-hiatus-brian-vaughan-fiona-staples/amp/

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 11/29/2018 at 8:20 PM, lighthouse said:

I dunno. People still ask about Battle Chasers...

This one surprised me. I picked up a run of 1-7 including the "butt cover" for $1 a pop at HPB, on a whim. I almost didn't even pick them up at that price. Was amazed at what they sold for. Definitely won't pass them up again.

Well MAD (Joe Madureira)  was very popular in the 90's with his anime style X-men. I'm guessing Battles Chaser's popularity is being fueled by nostalgia....

I think MAD is trying to return back to comics when his video games route went bust.....

I still remember bidding on a full set of Battle Chasers #1 CGC SS 9.8-9.6 about 10 yrs ago. I believe there were 4 covers and I won (CND$100)

53 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The whole series is great.

51 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Good to know..Thanks!

Agreed - over the last few months, I binged the entire series digitally after some really good Comixology sales. I may buy a Saga #1 9.8 for long-term if I can find a good price / motivated seller over the next year while it's on hiatus.