• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That didn't last long. Back up to $400 for a 9.8 again.

Is it that it is hard in 9.8? At the shop where I bought 20 or 30 of them none looked like they coukd be 9.8s and 9.6 was pushing it. There were a lot of these in my parts and it did not initially sell on par with expectations.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is it that it is hard in 9.8? At the shop where I bought 20 or 30 of them none looked like they coukd be 9.8s and 9.6 was pushing it. There were a lot of these in my parts and it did not initially sell on par with expectations.

About 40k print and 2,500 9.8s.
As we know though, all that matters is supply and demand.

I own one, so once in a while, I check books that I've purchased...

and I know that I'm always mentioning this book (if memory serves), but Harley Quinn new 52 #1 Hughes.... (shrug) 9.8 going well under $500...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=harley+quinn+1+adam+hughes+cgc&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=13

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I own one, so once in a while, I check books that I've purchased...

and I know that I'm always mentioning this book (if memory serves), but Harley Quinn new 52 #1 Hughes.... (shrug) 9.8 going well under $500...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=harley+quinn+1+adam+hughes+cgc&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=13

Wow, dropping like a rock.

Was looking up Killing Joke prices today, wow, that book is now bordering 100 in 9.8. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-The-Killing-Joke-nn-May-1988-DC-CGC-9-8/202596454360?epid=85456087&hash=item2f2bb08fd8:g:iDoAAOSwL8xcZHDo

Used to be an easy 200+ book historically. Really no clue why a timeless book like that would drop so significantly in price

4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Was looking up Killing Joke prices today, wow, that book is now bordering 100 in 9.8. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-The-Killing-Joke-nn-May-1988-DC-CGC-9-8/202596454360?epid=85456087&hash=item2f2bb08fd8:g:iDoAAOSwL8xcZHDo

Used to be an easy 200+ book historically. Really no clue why a timeless book like that would drop so significantly in price

It's had manipulated highs the last few years. Lows have been hovering just above $100 though. It was half that before 2016 though. Which is when I'm assuming the announced the animated movie that was in theaters for a few days.

Its also a very common book. I need to check Valiantmans site to see what the submission results have been the past couple of years. 2,750 9.8s total for just a classic story, one shot, no first appearance. 

Good book for the thread though.

22 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It's had manipulated highs the last few years. Lows have been hovering just above $100 though. It was half that before 2016 though. Which is when I'm assuming the announced the animated movie that was in theaters for a few days.

Its also a very common book. I need to check Valiantmans site to see what the submission results have been the past couple of years. 2,750 9.8s total for just a classic story, one shot, no first appearance. 

Good book for the thread though.

Its a classic book, been reprinted 17 times (17!!) plus 4 other book formats, arguably 2nd best Copper Batman book after Dark Knight (printed in same format) I think demand for this cover alone would exceed any print run at this point. But hey what do I know...

36 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

just a classic story, one shot, no first appearance. 

Part of the story is very important, although maybe not as much anymore with Barbara running around as Batgirl again in the current DCU (right?)

14 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I'd think it would have to do with the large number of copies.  But I still see several $150 - $200 copies being sold so I think it's just a bad book to sell via auction because there is 20 copies up for sale at any given time.