• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I find its always better to grab the profits when they are there rather then exactly time the market.  You do miss out of some extra bump up in price (ie The Boys 1 CGC 9.8 seems to be rising even further and I sold mine for about $275) but the number of drops you can avoid is well worth it.  Of course all of these examples involve you buying before the hype or right when it gets announced and not being the last one holding the hot potato. 

You can’t lose winning. Sell at the current trending price unless you believe in the property. 

I learned that lesson with Alias 1 ever since then I never looked back (but even then I sold all my raw Alias copies at peak prices and only held on to my 9.8)

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

You can’t lose winning. Sell at the current trending price unless you believe in the property. 

I learned that lesson with Alias 1 ever since then I never looked back (but even then I sold all my raw Alias copies at peak prices and only held on to my 9.8)

See e.g. Walking Dead 19, Sixth Gun 1, Sandman 4 etc. etc.

3 hours ago, showcase4 said:

It “stings” to share this, but we’re in all this together! For some of you, this will be a big time “told you so....” :$

found out the hard way, when I sold these 2 with No Reserve this weekend. Did not come out better then when I went in 4 or 5 Months ago! My bad — I remember thinking when this one became hot - “why... it’s Wolverine’s Daughter / who cares?” :flamed::flamed:

84FD83EF-A07F-47A8-92EF-2CC9B5AF013D.jpeg

Not too sure I follow

this still seems hot as it was when it came out... no?

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

He’s trying on his sarcasm pants. 

And going by recent sales, he may have lost some money by selling two copies in one listing. 

Every single word you said here!!  ........ is 100% correct :golfclap:

Edited by showcase4

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think the modern market is set for a correction soon. Publishers are too involved in the secondary market.

Agree with the second part of your assessment. But I don’t think there’s gonna be a correction because of that. People can’t be THAT dumb to not figure this out by now

4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Agree with the second part of your assessment. But I don’t think there’s gonna be a correction because of that. People can’t be THAT dumb to not figure this out by now

I understand, but I don't have the faith you have in the average comic book buyer.