• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

I would love to see how many #1 9.8s were entered into the system from the moment Preacher was optioned (Jan 2014?) till the show hit.

Prior to the "news" this was selling anywhere between 200-400, with only a few below that. 

While its perfectly reasonable to think that the hype made prices soar and now they have calmed down, its also likely that there have been too many 9.8s created while the hype was on, and now there are no homes for those 9.8s anymore

26 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I would love to see how many #1 9.8s were entered into the system from the moment Preacher was optioned (Jan 2014?) till the show hit.

Then why not just look it up? There were 114 Universal 9.8s at the start of 2014 and approximately 100 copies were added each year from Jan 2014 - Jan 2018. The rate of submissions was pretty consistent for 4 years, until slowing this year.

The number of SS 9.8s has also tripled since the beginning of 2014.

3 hours ago, Jaydee said:

but RMA accused Ygo of Pump and Dump

You are incorrect. You have misread whatever it was that led you to that conclusion. I would suggest reading it again.

I wonder just how many times people read something incorrectly, come away with an entirely inaccurate perception, and it's never revealed or addressed...?

I suspect that answer is "a lot." And that sucks.

11 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Then why not just look it up? There were 114 Universal 9.8s at the start of 2014 and approximately 100 copies were added each year from Jan 2014 - Jan 2018. The rate of submissions was pretty consistent for 4 years, until slowing this year.

The number of SS 9.8s has also tripled since the beginning of 2014.

I wonder how many people are unaware of Greg Holland's "CGC Data" website...?

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/

hm

45 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
48 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
56 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I wonder how many people are unaware of Greg Holland's "CGC Data" website...?

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/

hm

Probably lots, even here. Especially people who are ignorant about pretty much everything. :whistle:

Indeed.

Today's (weekly) updates were just posted. (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Prior to the "news" this was selling anywhere between 200-400, with only a few below that. 

While its perfectly reasonable to think that the hype made prices soar and now they have calmed down, its also likely that there have been too many 9.8s created while the hype was on, and now there are no homes for those 9.8s anymore

Preacher 1 was a $200-$400 book before then? I'll take your word for it. Sounds high, but I wasn't tracking it as none of my raws were slab candidates.

45 minutes ago, the blob said:

Preacher 1 was a $200-$400 book before then? I'll take your word for it. Sounds high, but I wasn't tracking it as none of my raws were slab candidates.

Ahem:

Dear divadrabnud,

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fq.ebaystatic.com%2
You did it! Your item sold. Please ship this item to the buyer after your buyer pays. As soon as your buyer pays, print your eBay shipping label.

PREACHER #1 DC/Vertigo April 1995 NM/MT 9.8 W 1st Appearance ENNIS DILLON FABRY
Sale price: $385.00
Quantity sold: 1
Sale date: Nov-24-13 09:09:53 PST

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Seems some people may be unaware. In June, popular WWE wrestler and GotG actor, Dave Bautista signed on to play a role in a movie called Dogtown which is based on the comic Body Bags. Not sure how that is pump and dump, but some seem to think it is.

https://www.cbr.com/dave-bautista-body-bags-movie-dogtown/

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nobody thinks that.

:gossip:  PnD stands for Pump-and-Dump

Doc2.jpg

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:
4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Seems some people may be unaware. In June, popular WWE wrestler and GotG actor, Dave Bautista signed on to play a role in a movie called Dogtown which is based on the comic Body Bags. Not sure how that is pump and dump, but some seem to think it is.

https://www.cbr.com/dave-bautista-body-bags-movie-dogtown/

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nobody thinks that.

:gossip:  PnD stands for Pump-and-Dump

:gossip: I know...

lol

Ok, ComicCollectorMatt thinks that.

Ya got me.

meh

BUT.... I suspect that what you're referring to, and what CCM was referring to, are two different things.

Just a hunch. Did you ask him what he was referring to, or did you just assume...?

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

:gossip: I know...

lol

Ok, ComicCollectorMatt thinks that.

Ya got me.

meh

BUT.... I suspect that what you're referring to, and what CCM was referring to, are two different things.

Just a hunch. Did you ask him what he was referring to, or did you just assume...?

There were several references during that time of pump and dump and speculation sites that was an obvious attempt to just poop on them without any background knowledge.
Oh, and apparently it's not CCM anymore.

44 minutes ago, divad said:

Ahem:

Dear divadrabnud,

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fq.ebaystatic.com%2
You did it! Your item sold. Please ship this item to the buyer after your buyer pays. As soon as your buyer pays, print your eBay shipping label.

Sale price: $385.00
Quantity sold: 1
Sale date: Nov-24-13 09:09:53 PST

Fair enough. AMC announced on November 16, 2013. Not a shocker the price popped. I was thinking about before the period when it was being discussed as a tv show (rumors had swirled for a while before AMC announced). It wasn't $200-400 on comic merits alone I think. I remember passing on a sharp $5 copy like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person in the early 2000s.

Edited by the blob

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

Fair enough. AMC announced on November 16, 2013. Not a shocker the price popped. I was thinking about before the period when it was being discussed as a tv show. It wasn't $200-400 on comic merits alone I think. I remember passing on a sharp $5 copy like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person in the early 2000s.

Can't recall what grade this one was, but I believe it was a raw 9.0:

Mailing Date: Nov. 11, 2008 00:00:00 PST

eBay Item #: 180302258781
eBay Item Headline: Preacher #1 Apr 1995 Ennis Story Dillon Art Fabry Cover
eBay Item Quantity:  1
eBay Item Unit Value:  $50.00 USD

And, I recall that in late 2011, MadGenius here on the boards bought a 9.8 Preacher Preview off of me for a "princely sum" . . . .

Edited by divad

1 hour ago, divad said:

Can't recall what grade this one was, but I believe it was a raw 9.0:

Mailing Date: Nov. 11, 2008 00:00:00 PST

eBay Item #: 180302258781
eBay Item Headline: Preacher #1 Apr 1995 Ennis Story Dillon Art Fabry Cover
eBay Item Quantity:  1
eBay Item Unit Value:  $50.00 USD

And, I recall that in late 2011, MadGenius here on the boards bought a 9.8 Preacher Preview off of me for a "princely sum" . . . .

I sold preacher 1, 2 copies of 2, various issues under 10, and I dunno 30 or so assorted issues -- basically all the 1st apps -- here for something like $100 right after the announcement.  But raw is raw and the 1 was a nm-. I felt like I was making out like a bandit.

Edited by the blob

11 hours ago, MediumLover said:

Epic collapse.

Percentage wise I wonder which was more of a collapse - Preacher 1 & 2 or X-Factor 6?

58 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Percentage wise I wonder which was more of a collapse - Preacher 1 & 2 or X-Factor 6?

:That's a painful inquiry. :frustrated: I think I prefer to stay ignorant.  Sounds like a Halloween horror story "when TV/film spec goes bad" ... muahahahah  lol