• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

Capture.jpg

... Is cooling off on eBay

I agree. 9.8 is a good grade, but for new releases, it is far from being elusive nor prestigious. A 9.8 is not a tough grade to find tat warrants commanding multiples on CMV prices.

Today's moderns are tomorrow's vintage, but as more collectors slab and take care of their books (unlike maybe pre-1980's releases), high grades will be commonplace and a 9.8 will be more ordinary and common, than extraordinary and rare.

I feel a 9.6 is equal to an off the retail rack raw copy, a 9.8 is one a buyer takes care in hand picking, and anything higher is what should be deemed scarce.

Grading is subjective, so I hope the standards and integrity of the evaluations are maintained, unlike in thtrading card industry where resellers continue to find companies who will assign high grades just for having that perfect number to resell.

Edited by AKA Rick

Hans variant of A-Force #1 is under $5.

hm might be a good time to buy.

will anything happen that will bring the price back?

Who knows. Being that it's a gender fluid character, I don't think they will just let the character fade into the background.

Wasn't this about $100+ when it came out?

Bunker #1 Comics Pro

Yes, I wanted one of those and thanks to you, now I'm going to buy one. (thumbs u

I can remember selling #1's A and B for $15 to $20. At the time, I thought people were reading it or heard about people reading it and then going back to buy one. Looking at the price, I'm guessing readers were never really part of the equation. (shrug)

Bunker #1 Comics Pro

Yes, I wanted one of those and thanks to you, now I'm going to buy one. (thumbs u

I can remember selling #1's A and B for $15 to $20. At the time, I thought people were reading it or heard about people reading it and then going back to buy one. Looking at the price, I'm guessing readers were never really part of the equation. (shrug)

:o a Tom sighting

Bunker #1 Comics Pro

I'm still reading it, whenever new issues comes out. One of the few I guess

I have stuck with it and read each issue as they came out. The last issue of the series comes out tomorrow (#19). I was able to get the ComicsPro for cover price when it came out at my LCS.

Bunker #1 Comics Pro

Bunker #1 Comics Pro

:o a Tom sighting

:hi:

I have stuck with it and read each issue as they came out. The last issue of the series comes out tomorrow (#19). I was able to get the ComicsPro for cover price when it came out at my LCS.

Bunker #1 Comics Pro

I know some still read it. My point was only that not nearly as many were reading it as just "investing" in it. It was/is a book worth reading imo. (thumbs u

Who knows. Being that it's a gender fluid character, I don't think they will just let the character fade into the background.

I thought Singularity was listed as being a female? No?

I thought Singularity was listed as being a female? No?

You might want to look up what gender fluid means.

When was that ever hot? The same place sold on for like $13 back in August. And one sold for $23 on november 4. I know there were some BINs in the $30s, but that's just people not researching anything.

I know you were hot on the book and all, but that was for $3-5 flips on amazon.

And BTW, I bought a bunch of them after you went on your rant about how awesome a flip they were. I bought a ton from Midtown at cover price, bagged and boarded, during a 40% off sale and then my store credit kicked in and I get another $20 off! I'll probably wind up giving them away as sets to my kid's friends.