• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

:That's a painful inquiry. :frustrated: I think I prefer to stay ignorant.  Sounds like a Halloween horror story "when TV/film spec goes bad" ... muahahahah  lol

Maybe apocalypse isn't quite dead in the movies?... afterall, he only needs a few cells to survive in order to eventually regenerate

2 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

:That's a painful inquiry. :frustrated: I think I prefer to stay ignorant.  Sounds like a Halloween horror story "when TV/film spec goes bad" ... muahahahah  lol

Preacher 1 kills X-Factor 6 in terms of percent dive.  X-Factor 6 CGC 9.8 was a $240 book in 2007 and shot up to a $350 - $375 book in 2013/14 and now is a $200 book.  Preacher 1 was $150 - $200 book up until 2013 and jumped up to a $775 - $800 in 2015/2016 and now can be had for $300.  Preacher 2 CGC 9.8 went from a $80 in 2012 right up to a $250 in 2016 and now is a $100 book.  There is not that many Preacher 2 CGC 9.8 so the damage is not that much but the hundreds of #1s equates to a large cgunk of money lost if you bought high and sold low (I know I did with a couple copies).  I've still got a few CGC 9.8 Preacher books that I just can sell for a small profit and I can't bring myself to dump them in an auction.

24 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

88.9% feedback rating on the new seller and some weirdness that went on with the photos that make every issue look creased up may have hurt this auction?

23 hours ago, the blob said:

Maybe apocalypse isn't quite dead in the movies?... afterall, he only needs a few cells to survive in order to eventually regenerate

I think we're going to see an all new x-men cast when those characters enter the MCU.  It only makes sense to reboot the x-universe.  We're probably also going to see the x-men v. Avengers plot too.  I think books like the 1st appearnec of appocolypse (and other x-men keys) are solid investments (IMHO).  I say that and we all know that Disney is more than capable of angering the fans of a blue chip franchise (i.e., Star Wars).  That being Feige has such an amazing track record with his films and with the fans, it is hard not to bet on that guy's future success.  B|

On 10/31/2018 at 10:08 AM, 1Cool said:

Preacher 1 kills X-Factor 6 in terms of percent dive.  X-Factor 6 CGC 9.8 was a $240 book in 2007 and shot up to a $350 - $375 book in 2013/14 and now is a $200 book.  Preacher 1 was $150 - $200 book up until 2013 and jumped up to a $775 - $800 in 2015/2016 and now can be had for $300.  Preacher 2 CGC 9.8 went from a $80 in 2012 right up to a $250 in 2016 and now is a $100 book.  There is not that many Preacher 2 CGC 9.8 so the damage is not that much but the hundreds of #1s equates to a large cgunk of money lost if you bought high and sold low (I know I did with a couple copies).  I've still got a few CGC 9.8 Preacher books that I just can sell for a small profit and I can't bring myself to dump them in an auction.

I dumped all of my Preacher slabs at the peak which turned out to be excellent timing. I was debating whether to keep them in case the show turned out to be a huge hit, but decided to take the $$$ thankfully. If I had only timed some of my other TV/Movie spec books as well.........doh!

2 hours ago, the blob said:

I am trying to figure out why x-force 11 is 3x as expensive as 2. It's arguably not even the first domino. Was 2 really that much more heavily printed?

There's not an argument to be made that it is the first Domino. Regardless of your opinion on whether the concept of the character counts as a first appearance, the first appearance is still either New Mutants 98 or X-Force 8

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There's not an argument to be made that it is the first Domino. Regardless of your opinion on whether the concept of the character counts as a first appearance, the first appearance is still either New Mutants 98 or X-Force 8

I have an equal number of 8s vs.11s, so I have no horse in the race. But I've been hoarding 2s for nearly a decade, so...

23 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The "argument" is that the "creator" says 11. That's a lot of quotes (aka eye rolls) for one sentence.

14 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Anyone know why Batman #655 Variant (1st Damian) is dipping in value?  Did something happen to him storyline-wise?  Hopefully this doesn't spoil anything for anyone I just noticed it's dropped somewhat dramatically...

lol I don't know, but I ordered 2 cgc copies just last night, ironic I was just thankful that it dipped, I'll be interested to see any responses though :foryou: 

I got the 2 Kubert Covers....

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
23 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Anyone know why Batman #655 Variant (1st Damian) is dipping in value?  Did something happen to him storyline-wise?  Hopefully this doesn't spoil anything for anyone I just noticed it's dropped somewhat dramatically...

lol I don't know, but I ordered 2 cgc copies just last night, ironic I was just thankful that it dipped, I'll be interested to see any responses though :foryou: 

Although looking at sold copies, it seems pretty steady, if you don't count the last 9.8 at $220..... not a lot of sales though imo, maybe too many covers?

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Maybe people finally opened the book and realized it is a horrible example of a first appearance. I've been buying 656's for years now. Unfortunately, there is no variant available for that issue.

16 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

9.8 is up over 12 month. Down on the 90 day average.