• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

When was that ever hot? The same place sold on for like $13 back in August. And one sold for $23 on november 4. I know there were some BINs in the $30s, but that's just people not researching anything.

I know you were hot on the book and all, but that was for $3-5 flips on amazon.

And BTW, I bought a bunch of them after you went on your rant about how awesome a flip they were. I bought a ton from Midtown at cover price, bagged and boarded, during a 40% off sale and then my store credit kicked in and I get another $20 off! I'll probably wind up giving them away as sets to my kid's friends.

Lets try this again...

Didnt really know where to stick this but here goes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Believers-Deadpool-1-reprint-of-New-Mutants-98-CGC-9-8-/332017598592?hash=item4d4dca8080:g:4-AAAOSwoudW~C0I

When was that ever hot? The same place sold on for like $13 back in August. And one sold for $23 on november 4. I know there were some BINs in the $30s, but that's just people not researching anything.

And BTW, I bought a bunch of them after you went on your rant about how awesome a flip they were. I bought a ton from Midtown at cover price, bagged and boarded, during a 40% off sale and then my store credit kicked in and I get another $20 off! I'll probably wind up giving them away as sets to my kid's friends.

And BTW

These WERE hot flips. Everyone made money on these whether you were a dealer or not.

Ive explained how to sell this book and move them by the boatload at the time they were hot.

My sympathies if you were too late for the train

And BTW

These WERE hot flips. Everyone made money on these whether you were a dealer or not.

Ive explained how to sell this book and move them by the boatload at the time they were hot.

My sympathies if you were too late for the train

I don't have the energy to sell $3-$5 comics except here. I bought a set for my son, which he was thrilled with, and probably have another 8-10 of the NM 98 reprint and a couple each of the others. raw they're selling as much now as they were back then, which is anywhere from 99 cents to $6.99. what I don't give away as presents i need to age a little more.

anyway, at 40% off $1.00 (and they were bagged and boarded!) and then a $20 credit toward my purchase that day, they were free.

Edited by the blob

For those on the true believer $1 kick, I just saw that a hulk #181 and wolverine #1 (frank miller) were just solicited. Expect the same thing to happen with these.

Not exactly... These 2 will be dead on arrival whereas there was good money on NM98 true believer when it hit since it was the 1st affordable replica of that book

For those on the true believer $1 kick, I just saw that a hulk #181 and wolverine #1 (frank miller) were just solicited. Expect the same thing to happen with these.

Not exactly... These 2 will be dead on arrival whereas there was good money on NM98 true believer when it hit since it was the 1st affordable replica of that book

I think the 181 could be a $5 bill just because of the cover replication. Wolverine #1 is still fairly affordable.

I think the 181 could be a $5 bill just because of the cover replication. Wolverine #1 is still fairly affordable.

Just curious, why would anyone pay $5 for this when it can be had for $1 or less from LCS or online retailers such as Midtown? Or would the price increase occur after stock from normal sources have dried up?

Maybe, maybe not.. What is certain thogh is that the Hasbro and MMilestone reprints will certainly take a hit now

Maybe, maybe not.. What is certain thogh is that the Hasbro and MMilestone reprints will certainly take a hit now

I have found those Milestones to be very tough to find without stressing in the wild.

Just curious, why would anyone pay $5 for this when it can be had for $1 or less from LCS or online retailers such as Midtown? Or would the price increase occur after stock from normal sources have dried up?

IDK, you tell me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Believers-Deadpool-1-Reprints-New-Mutants-98-1st-app-of-Deadpool-/272133483373?hash=item3f5c6b6b6d:g:pJsAAOSwe7BWv5Jg

Theres your answer

How did Image Firsts WD #1 sell, nowadays, raw

There was a time when I sold those for $10 at shows and $18 on Amazon. Regularly.

Those days are long gone though

seems the likely path for any reprint produced in current age, cheap out of the gate, slight boost as the sell out from primary market, long slow decline as the secondary market becomes flooded.

There was a time when I sold those for $10 at shows and $18 on Amazon. Regularly.

Those days are long gone though

seems the likely path for any reprint produced in current age, cheap out of the gate, slight boost as the sell out from primary market, long slow decline as the secondary market becomes flooded.

You cant really tell how such a popular book's reprint will play out in the long run.

IH181 Hasbro & MM reprints were ALWAYS good sellers for me. Regularly selling for 40-50 on amazon. And quick.

This new reprint will def bring more sellers to amazon and possibly flood the market.

There are 25 Image Firsts on DEC16 Previews including Walking Dead #1 shipping in February 2017. Reprints may see a price dip then?

Walking Dead #1 Image First has been printed 4 times. The 2010 was the first time and it can sell from $4-10. If you are going to dip your toe in the water of selling these $1 reprints, you have to make sure you can sell in volume. For most people it's not worth there time to make a couple bucks selling a comic on eBay.

There are 25 Image Firsts on DEC16 Previews including Walking Dead #1 shipping in February 2017. Reprints may see a price dip then?

Walking Dead #1 Image First has been printed 4 times. The 2010 was the first time and it can sell from $4-10. If you are going to dip your toe in the water of selling these $1 reprints, you have to make sure you can sell in volume. For most people it's not worth there time to make a couple bucks selling a comic on eBay.

Oh, I've never sold a single comic (unless you count my personal copy of Monstress vol 1 that I sold to a coworker at cost after he saw me reading it during break and was so impressed by the art).

I'm more likely to operate at a loss than make a profit if I ever do dabble in it so I have no plans of doing so. However, I find the discussion and speculating quite interesting academically.

P.S. I've never actually read or watched Walking Dead so I do have this on my preorder to figure if I might want to pick up the TPBs (along with a whole bunch of other Image Firsts). After preorder discount and free bag and board, I feel like my LCS is losing money on these $1 issues.

Edited by aerischan

It's interesting that there would be variance WITHIN reprints, if the point of the reprint is to make an otherwise hard to get book, accessible.

1st Print, Images First Reprint.

Why would someone want that over the 2nd Print, outside of completionism (of which I am firm subscriber, and fully OCD, so i get it in that sense)