• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Rebirth and the pink smudge

33 posts in this topic

I really think the pink smudges on some of the front covers of Rebirth comics are being overblown. I seriously doubt a printer defect like this will be downgraded by CGC. People are leaving comics in their stores because they have a pink smudge on the spine. If it looks 9.8 other than the smudge, i'm grabbing it and sending it in.

If someone from CGC is lurking, and they want to chime in...feel free.

Better not leave any traces, then we have Restoration. Still doesn't change the fact that it is caused by Distribution, not manufacturing, and there are books out there without the pink smudges. Those will be the 9.8's provided they don't have other flaws.

Better not leave any traces, then we have Restoration. Still doesn't change the fact that it is caused by Distribution, not manufacturing, and there are books out there without the pink smudges. Those will be the 9.8's provided they don't have other flaws.

it's the transferability of the pink (manufacturing) that's causing the smudge. The defect is in the type of ink they used for the pink. Distributers have no control over that. And yeah you can remove the smudge.

Absorene is 100% okay in ocer 40 books I've submitted. Did not come back restored on any of them. The most recent book I cleaned like this was the Hulk squeezing Deadpool's head cover. The old Ultimate line had similar problems.

Its very easy to use and tgere are many conservation videos on youtube detailing its use. Hope this helps.

Absorene is 100% okay in ocer 40 books I've submitted. Did not come back restored on any of them. The most recent book I cleaned like this was the Hulk squeezing Deadpool's head cover. The old Ultimate line had similar problems.

Its very easy to use and tgere are many conservation videos on youtube detailing its use. Hope this helps.

Is that stuff better to use sooner rather than later? Or will it be just as effective a few months from now?

I've only used it shortly after purchases. I couldnt attest to how well it might work on a 10 year old book. The smears have always bothered me, graded or just for the PC. It ruins the appearance of the picture for me

I've only used it shortly after purchases. I couldnt attest to how well it might work on a 10 year old book. The smears have always bothered me, graded or just for the PC. It ruins the appearance of the picture for me

works well on antique book pages..as long as they're not brittle.

It's not just the pink smudge. Back cover halfway down the spine there is some major creasing on these Rebirth books. Not all but i had to go through 200 copies.

I guess $2.99 means cheap paper from the same supplier as Marvel. Funny in the SA/BA/CA the paper quality was better than now.

It's not just the pink smudge. Back cover halfway down the spine there is some major creasing on these Rebirth books. Not all but i had to go through 200 copies.

I guess $2.99 means cheap paper from the same supplier as Marvel. Funny in the SA/BA/CA the paper quality was better than now.

You too, huh?

I was in a certain shop in London known to sell comics and had the same problem! Went to the next one just down the road and exactly the same... Mainly on the Superman Rebirths, I found.

You too, huh?

I was in a certain shop in London known to sell comics and had the same problem! Went to the next one just down the road and exactly the same... Mainly on the Superman Rebirths, I found.

lol

Forbidden Planet and Orbital? I hate checking in Orbital. It's too dark and the staff look at me like I'm crazy for wanting a 9.6/9.8. In FP no one gives a mess. Too bad It's staffed by savages who don't know how to put the books out on the shelf

Yesterday ...

image.jpg

You too, huh?

lol

Forbidden Planet and Orbital? I hate checking in Orbital. It's too dark and the staff look at me like I'm crazy for wanting a 9.6/9.8. In FP no one gives a mess. Too bad It's staffed by savages who don't know how to put the books out on the shelf

Yesterday ...

image.jpg

:o

Oh wait... that's the Marvel section icon_phew.gif

You can pick up some great back issues in Orbital. I know what you mean about being looked at like you're crazy though... I get that in every comic shop when looking for mintiness lol

I like the LCSs with wooden comic holders that go halfway up the comic and all the unbagged boarded comics have a nice large color breaking crease in the middle where people grab a handful of comics and bend them forward over the wooden lip. At least those pictured are nice and flat.

You too, huh?

lol

Yesterday ...

image.jpg

Doesn't look like a very customer friendly way to display the books. How do you know what is in that stack?

That absorene stuff may leave some residue. Webril Handi-pads will help

So just rubbing this on the pink smudge will lift it?

Sorry the video is a black and white drawing and nothing like the comic so don't get how just rubbing this on will take away the large pink smudge.