• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

Just finished, clearly weaker on multiple levels than season 2 and of course well behind season 1...but god the music and sets/props/themes were just on fire perfect! Loved the nostalgia of it, felt like growing up. Was fun.

Just finished it as well...thought it was slightly better than Season 2 overall, but lots of melodrama and weird moments as well.  Biggest takeaway is that Millie Bobby Brown can act circles around the rest of the cast.  She's got the 'it' factor.

3 hours ago, Drummy said:

Just finished it as well...thought it was slightly better than Season 2 overall, but lots of melodrama and weird moments as well.  Biggest takeaway is that Millie Bobby Brown can act circles around the rest of the cast.  She's got the 'it' factor.

I’d say the best of the kid actors was the one who played Dustin.

My wife and I finished the last two episodes yesterday after taking our time getting through all 8. It was worth the wait for us, though that ending was emotional.

Spoiler

So I am guessing Hopper is in that Russian prison from that final credits scene when the guard mentions 'Not the American'. :wishluck:

On 7/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

My wife and I finished the last two episodes yesterday after taking our time getting through all 8. It was worth the wait for us, though that ending was emotional.

Hide contents

So I am guessing Hopper is in that Russian prison from that final credits scene when the guard mentions 'Not the American'. :wishluck:

Or it's Matthew Modine.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Finished it last night and I agree about the ending. It touched me more than I expected.

David Harbour promises a bigger and better Season 4 of Stranger Things and reveals new details about the "rebirth" of his character Jim Hopper, a Hawkins Chief of Police turned Russian gulag prisoner.

After his apparent death in the Season 3 finale — where Hopper disappears in a blast of energy when Joyce (Winona Ryder) closes a gate to the Upside Down during the battle of Starcourt — a Season 4 teaser revealed Hopper is alive but imprisoned in a labor camp in Kamchatka, Russia, where ill-fated inmates are fed to a pet Demogorgon.

"It's bigger, that's the first thing. In scope, in scale, even in the idea that we're not in Hawkins anymore," Harbour told Collider of Stranger Things 4 while promoting his new Marvel movie Black Widow. "We, locale-wise, we're bigger. We're introducing new stuff, but we're also tightening and wrapping up in a certain direction to make it have a clear, clean specific, and definite ending at some point, which I can't really talk about."

David Harbour teased the story arc plan for Jim Hopper in Stranger Things in terms of his false death and resurrection. Stranger Things debuted on Netflix in 2016 and, over the course of three seasons, has remained one of the streaming service's most popular original series. With coronavirus delays, it is still uncertain when season 4 will drop, but that hasn't stopped one star in particular from hinting at the future of the show.

"I mean, you know, from the very start of this show, I’ve talked to them about the arc of this guy and sort of what would be, and they’ve talked to me about him, and what would be really profound and moving. And we’re starting to set up things this season in particular that are going to pay off very much in terms of that arc construction. I mean, one of the things was the resurrection of this life that he had in terms of fathering, fathering Eleven and revisiting that. And he has to be resurrected now to sort of create something new. And so we have this false death and this resurrection, and now we’ll see, but they do have a plan and it’s very exciting."