• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

Reviews for Season Two having been landing this week. It sounds very promising!

'Stranger Things' Season 2: TV Review

The Duffer brothers avoid sequel bloat as Eleven and the Upside Down return for a satisfying second season.

Stranger Things debuts its nine-episode second season on Oct. 27, and Netflix sent critics the entirety of what it's calling Stranger Things 2.

Stranger Things 2 is quite good and, if your expectations are in check, largely satisfying. The Duffer brothers fall into very few traps of self-importance or self-awareness, and they deliver a second season with an expanded assortment of '80s influences, an expanded cast of instantly embraceable characters and some expanded Stranger Things mythology without the bloat that inevitably dooms sequels.

:whee:

1 hour ago, Jking3437 said:

Going to take my time and watch this one, going to try and enjoy this season. I remember season 1 I was hooked and hung over , 1 day lol 

I watched the entire season in two days but had to work both days.  Couple late nights but couldn't stop!

Like season 1 episode 1 of season 2 was a bit slow but it looks to lay the groundwork for what’s to come including the introduction of several new characters into the series. I’m super busy at work now so this is going to be a slow viewing of the series for me. Reviews have been solid so I’m thinking it should be fun ride if lacking the “newness” season 1 had to it. 

Glad to see Mr. Clarke was back too. Hopefully they continue to use him as their go to science guy it helping explain what’s going on. lol  

I was okay with the easing-in of Episode 1. A nice way to slowly bring all the old players together, while introducing a few more. Including their arcade game rival.

I wasn't expecting that ending, though. But it did make sense they would come together, since both characters have suffered through loss and trauma from Season One.

No binge-watching this time.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:31 PM, pjray55 said:

I am through 6 episodes and am really enjoying it.  I felt it really kicked in at episode 4 and after watching 5 and 6 it is tough to call it a night

I got up to episode 3 last night. Not having seen 4 yet I found 1 and 2 to be introductions to season 2 so far with 3 starting to get you interested in what’s up. Now I’m really looking forward to episode 4....

Can't believe I had the will power to stop at 10:30 last night at episode 6.  Wife and I are in love with this season and it is definitely a lot more spooky in a horror vibe.  Can't wait to see how the last few episodes finish it up.