• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kagenish said:

I finish it yesterday I had 8 great episodes and one OK episode can't wait for season 3 now. hope we don't have to wait any longer. 

+1 One episode wasn't really needed. All the others were really great!

I hope season 3 comes out soon. I'm looking forward to Punisher next month.

I saw them all and agree that there's an episode that really wasn't needed.  But...  it was fine in the end.  

Really great series.  Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

I really like the Steve character's development.

I wish there was an arcade around here like that.

It's amazing how different these stories would be if everyone had cell phones like nowadays.

Halloween is big in my family and we've been having a blast all month since I'm actually home.  House is filled with decorations and a ton of black and orange balloons.  Earlier this month my two daughters skipped school against my wishes and we saw IT together.  At home, we had pizza movie marathons with all those Conjuring/Insideous/Ouija/Annabelle flicks and slipped Super 8 in as well. Last night we hit the first season of Stranger Things again and rolled into the second season.  Really enjoying it.  Will wrap it up tonight.  Happy Halloween all. 

Edited by Reader

21 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

I saw them all and agree that there's an episode that really wasn't needed.  But...  it was fine in the end.  

Really great series.  Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

I really like the Steve character's development.

I wish there was an arcade around here like that.

It's amazing how different these stories would be if everyone had cell phones like nowadays.

23 hours ago, kagenish said:

I finish it yesterday I had 8 great episodes and one OK episode can't wait for season 3 now. hope we don't have to wait any longer. 

21 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

+1 One episode wasn't really needed. All the others were really great!

I hope season 3 comes out soon. I'm looking forward to Punisher next month.

So just to comment on that (I’m done with episode 8 now and going to finish off episode 9 tonight after work) I had the exact same feeling. It pulled me out of the regular storyline.

It’s already being touted as the most divisive episode and the creators knew it would be. They wanted to continue that characters journey and they admit it was a risk but something they felt they wanted to do. So it is what it is.

I think if they follow up with those characters down the road and start building on that reunion I probably will “like” the episode a bit more. For now it felt understandably out of place. 

Season 3 was already a done deal before season 2 even aired but I’m kind of hoping they film seasons 3 and 4 back to back as has been talked about due to those kids getting older. 

51 minutes ago, N e r V said:

So just to comment on that (I’m done with episode 8 now and going to finish off episode 9 tonight after work) I had the exact same feeling. It pulled me out of the regular storyline.

It’s already being touted as the most divisive episode and the creators knew it would be. They wanted to continue that characters journey and they admit it was a risk but something they felt they wanted to do. So it is what it is.

I think if they follow up with those characters down the road and start building on that reunion I probably will “like” the episode a bit more. For now it felt understandably out of place. 

Season 3 was already a done deal before season 2 even aired but I’m kind of hoping they film seasons 3 and 4 back to back as has been talked about due to those kids getting older. 

when I saw the ending I felt better about that episode as I think it serves as a prelude to where they are going or I should say where they will need to go in Season 3.  Don't look at the spoiler tag until you are done with the series.

Spoiler

knowing how much it took out of Eleven to close the portal I think they are going to need "multiple sisters" to defeat the Mind Flayer (which is shown as alive at the end) and as a viewer I would rather know about the existence of any lost sisters prior rather than thinking it was wedged in during a later season just to accommodate an extended plot.  just my 2 cents.

Edited by pjray55

Finished the season, it was very satisfying and very different from Season 1 in very good ways. 

Less like regular "sequels" which seek to bottle the same formula with a slightly different flavor, this season was it's own thing. Familiar, nostalgic, with many similar notes but far more ambitious and deeply crafted. 

All of the main characters are far more deeply portrayed and three dimensional. The creators used the opportunity of returning to these characters to let them evolve beyond their beginnings and grow in the Stranger Things Universe. 

Really well done. 

Finished. Very, very good follow up to season 1.

I also started watching Beyond Stranger Things on Netflix which I believe is 7 episodes. Do not watch this show though until after you complete watching Stranger Things season 2.

Hopefully Travelers season 2 shows up soon on Netflix after its Canadian run...

On 10/31/2017 at 1:31 PM, comix4fun said:

Finished the season, it was very satisfying and very different from Season 1 in very good ways. 

Less like regular "sequels" which seek to bottle the same formula with a slightly different flavor, this season was it's own thing. Familiar, nostalgic, with many similar notes but far more ambitious and deeply crafted. 

All of the main characters are far more deeply portrayed and three dimensional. The creators used the opportunity of returning to these characters to let them evolve beyond their beginnings and grow in the Stranger Things Universe. 

Really well done. 

Agreed, it was cool to see the other 2 boy's homes and families.   

I know its just one school in Ohio but my daughter is telling me the second season is a huge hit with her class.  One girl faked being sick so she could finish up the season the Friday it came out.  Yesterday she saw a girl watching an episode when she should have been doing research in a class.  It is a badge of honor to have finished the season last weekend and those that have not finished are teased.  Not sure if I should be impressed or kind of scared for the future.

When Does Stranger Things 3 Premiere?

Stranger-Things-Season-3.jpg?q=50&w=448&

Though producer Shawn Levy has guaranteed the next season, there’s no word on its premiere date. Some new scripts are in place, the core cast is locked in, but filming likely won’t begin for another six months.

Though the Mind Flayer loomed large over the Snow Ball, creating what seems to be an obvious entry point for the next season, Matt Duffer insisted that the plot won’t be so seamless. As he told The Hollywood Reporter, “Even if we wanted to hop into the action faster, we couldn’t. Our kids are aging.” As the pre-teens enter adolescence, Duffer seems to concede that Stranger Things 3 will pick up well past the closing shot of the sophomore season.

As the Duffers told SlashFilm, 

Last year, we had a lot of little cliffhangers at the end of the season. We didn’t want to do that again. We didn’t want to box ourselves in for season three. We wanted to be able to start season three on a very clean slate. It felt totally unnecessary, when we had the Snow Ball. Once we had the Snow Ball, we didn’t know [if we wanted to do] anything else as an ending.

2 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I really enjoyed all the nods to Aliens including some of the same sound effects and even giving Paul Reiser a line of the same dialogue.

All that was missing would have been a “game over” nod from someone to the late Bill Paxton but that would have been to obvious...

Finished it the other night. I loved the last episode especially the last 15 minutes. It was like being a kid again. I swear between
this show and Ready Player One book its been a long time since I felt like a kid again. Such a great feeling.

That aside I enjoyed the entire season. The subtle kid moments were my favorites.

Yep.  Great series.  Even thought the show basks in being derivative it's really, really good.
I'm a fan of characterization and character development.   The creators of Stranger Things excel in that department.

I finally caved in and watched Season 1 and thought it was phenomenal. Well done front to back.

There are better shows IMO but this one is up there among them.

I really liked the 80's throwback (and I admit that it has a LOT of emotional sway with me, being a teen in the early - mid 80's).

Loved all the throwback nods in this film, but the one that stood out to me the most was the constant ET throwbacks (did anyone mention this one as I haven't read the thread).

I've yet to watch Season 2 but from what I'm hearing it's going to be  great.