• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

I'm only 2 in as well and I'm liking it. has a slight twin peaks feel with obvious xfiles thrown in. being the age of those kid saround that time, they totally nailed the whole feel of the 80's

+1

To think, the events of the entire series set up by this innocent little comic....

UncannyXMen134.jpg

Watched the 1st episode last night and loved it - very X-Fileish. Plenty of "what the F is that" moments mixed in with some cool comic book and D & D references. Throw the fireball!

We enjoyed it so far only seen episode 1. Boy, Winona looks like :censored: , but I guess they are making her look like that.

Talking about screwing her career up. Glad to see her get back on track.

I think age is doing all the work in terms of making her look like that. My wife didn't even recognize her.

We just started it last night, too - loving it! And the D&D references, even going so far as to mention Demogorgon... :cloud9:

Then you'll love everything else that's coming. That's not the last D&D reference.

Can't stop watching this show. I'm on episode 5 already and may be done by this weekend. Really really good - watch it.

Only on episode 3 Finished-- REALLY enjoyinged it! :applause:

Brings back a lot of 80s memories and I like that the music and score harkens back to that era (John Carpenter, synthesizers...). Wouldn't be surprised to see the soundtrack done by It Follows composer.

Edited by bronze_rules

Digging a little deeper, I had originally understood it was a homage to Steven Spielberg and the 80s. Then, I realized that it was more of a homage to the 80s and Stephen King!!! Never even occurred to me that

the girl was arguably a revamped version of firestarter

King took to twitter and gave it an A+ Now we have Dark Tower to look forward to. Awesome time. (worship)

I really enjoyed this show, and can't wait for the second season. It's like Akira and Stand By Me mixed with a pinch of Goonies, and baked in a golden flaky 80's crust. :cloud9:

The kids were the highlight of the show, I loved those little geeks.

Just finished season 1 last night. What a fun series. Really spoke to my inner 80s child. Halfway through, I felt like I was watching a part of the movie Firestarter from Mr. King. It totally makes sense it's an homage.

Some of the music really got to me too.