• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Road Trip recommendations?

10 posts in this topic

I'm driving from New York to St. Petersburg and then from St. Pete to LA.

Any great, must-not-miss stores along the way? I'm generally looking for silver and up, with an emphasis on good deals on tougher-to-find stuff...

Any thoughts?

Take the back roads and stop at every garage sale, junk store, Goodwill, and antique shop you run across. Go find something in the wild that will delight you.

Just so you know, a few years back I took the surface roads from Michigan to Mid Ohio Con. Left on a Friday, noodled my way south all day. Ended up with a bunch of ten cent DC's out of an antique store at $10 each...including an Adventure 247.

There's still a lot of stuff out there.

Zapp! Comics in Wayne, NJ

Third Eye Comics in Annapolis, MD

Thanks for all these! I go to Zapp regularly... will try to check out the others... anyone have suggestions for Texas...AZ, NM...Gulf Coast...?

Hilton Head, South Carolina. Play some golf, hit the ocean at some gorgeous beaches. St. Augustine, Florida. Settlement dating to the 17th century. Comic books? Who knows if and where any may turn up!

From St. Pete, you going to LA as in Los Angeles, or Louisiana? Either way, what a great (and long) drive.

Zapp! Comics in Wayne, NJ

Third Eye Comics in Annapolis, MD

Thanks for all these! I go to Zapp regularly... will try to check out the others... anyone have suggestions for Texas...AZ, NM...Gulf Coast...?

If you go near Houston, I hear Bedrock City has a few comics and they sell breath mints too. And if you buy enough, I hear Richard will let you peek at his cool early Action original art.