• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REQUEST to CGC for a Clear Guidance on Re-Holdering New Slabs with Issues

14 posts in this topic

Dear CGC Reps:

So that we have clear guidance in one place for everyone affected by the new slabs:

1. What is the process for returning for re-holdering comics encased in the new slabs that have obvious issues (waves along edges, pervasive Newton effects that while only lighting refraction-related are very distracting and diminish visual appeal, notably un-centered comics, etc.)?

To what address should we send them, how should we note the request for re-holdering, and how can we receive compensation for shipping?

1a. Can these comics be returned for re-holdering at shows and conventions where CGC is set up, e.g. Wizard Worlds?

1b. Can these comics be re-holdered using the older pre-2016 CGC slabs? If so, how should we request this?

2. If the answer to above 1b. is "No," can we receive any assurance that the slabbing issues will not resurface after X period of time even upon re-holdering?

Thank you very much in advance. Like many of us affected, I am reluctant to submit further comics for submission until a clear official guidance exists on this matter.

Hopefully, this thread will save you much of the trouble of replying to individual queries. I will edit the OP with your responses as soon as they are given.

and can such information be either

a. stickied to the top of CG for all to see and easily access?

or

b. be listed on your website either under the press releases or FAQ for easy referencing?

and can such information be ether/

or

b. be listed on your website either under the press releases or FAQ for easy referencing?

A slip of the pen sometimes describes truth: "...ether..."

and can such information be either

or

:cry: I wish you had not edited. It was a great post with a higher possibility of accuracy. I liked it. ;)

For anyone who has received new holders that exhibit excessive newton effect, we will reholder those books for free and return them to you immediately. If you feel like the books you received have excessive newton effect, please forward scans or pictures to Brittany McManus at bmcmanus@cgccomics.com (877-662-6642, ext. 250). I will be assisting her on assessment and reholders.

LINK

LINK

For anyone who has received new holders that exhibit excessive newton effect, we will reholder those books for free and return them to you immediately. If you feel like the books you received have excessive newton effect, please forward scans or pictures to Brittany McManus at bmcmanus@cgccomics.com (877-662-6642, ext. 250). I will be assisting her on assessment and reholders.

LINK

LINK

Since I am not a big fan of escapist language, is there a definition of "excessive"?

How does a person assist another person with an assessment of what another person considers excessive?

I think this is excessive, in my opinion.

No, it is not.

Why?

Because 2 of us made the assessment it is not excessive, and we work in the Newton assessment office.

Is there a Newton Assessment Degree that qualifies a person as a Newton Assessment Expert?

Our boss formally listed it in the written notice to us about our job title. All such requests for assessment are now forwarded to us. That is our expertise. now.

Oh, OK.

I'm not CGC. I'm just chasing permts. :D

An honest man. I prefer none other.

Dear CGS Reps:

So that we have clear guidance in one place for everyone affected by the new slabs:

1. What is the process for returning for re-holdering comics encased in the new slabs that have obvious issues (waves along edges, pervasive Newton effects that while only lighting refraction-related are very distracting and diminish visual appeal, notably un-centered comics, etc.)?

To what address should we send them, how should we note the request for re-holdering, and how can we receive compensation for shipping?

1a. Can these comics be returned for re-holdering at shows and conventions where CGS is set up, e.g. Wizard Worlds?

1b. Can these comics be re-holdered using the older pre-2016 CGC slabs? If so, how should we request this?

2. If the answer to above 1b. is "No," can we receive any assurance that the slabbing issues will not resurface after X period of time even upon re-holdering?

Thank you very much in advance. Like many of us affected, I am reluctant to submit further comics for submission until a clear of ficial guidance exists on this matter.

Hopefully, this thread will save you much of the trouble of replying to individual queries. I will edit the OP with your responses as soon as they are given.

CGC :gossip:

LINK

LINK

Since I am not a big fan of escapist language, is there a definition of "excessive"?

How does a person assist another person with an assessment of what another person considers excessive?

I think this is excessive, in my opinion.

No, it is not.

Why?

Because 2 of us made the assessment it is not excessive, and we work in the Newton assessment office.

Is there a Newton Assessment Degree that qualifies a person as a Newton Assessment Expert?

Our boss formally listed it in the written notice to us about our job title. All such requests for assessment are now forwarded to us. That is our expertise. now.

Oh, OK.

:roflmao:

Oh, man! Thank you Mr.Mcknowitall! Sincerely. I've had a really bad day, and you just made me laugh it ALL behind me. What you wrote reads like a brilliant Monty Python sketch! Very, very funny. MORE! :applause:

PS--The LINKS don't seem to work as of this post.