• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New FF Additions

78 posts in this topic

I'm not Chinese not that it would be a bad thing. I'm taking a little break as I have probably purchased about 40 books over the last 2 months. The fiance is all over my sh*T. I'm also waiting to do some damage at the heritage auction coming up. I have a bunch of bids on pedigree, comiclink and ebay. I will be sure to post them when i get them. Thanks for everyones concern.

-Emilio

Damn!!!!!!!

and i thought you were just waiting to splurge on my sweet DC sale this summergrin.gif

E knows the deal. When it comes to sweet DCs, it's back o' the line behind me!

screwy.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif I just figured you were better off saving your money for cool comics like Avengers rather than nerdy DCs with lame covers.

Updated with new addition

New arrivals showcasing

FF #4 CGC NM- 9.2 white pages $15,000

FF #4 CGC VF/NM 9.0 offwhite pages $7500 - Sold

FF #5 CGC NM- 9.2 offwhite/white pages $19,000 - Sold

FF #6 CGC VF/NM 9.0 offwhite/white pages $3,200 - Sold

FF #7 CGC VF+ 8.5 offwhite pages, $1750

FF #12 CGC NM- 9.2 offwhite pages $14,500

Yeah, "Emilio" is a real common Chinese name alright......... screwy.gif

If a person was born with a Chinese name and picked a western name later in life, you'd be amazed at the kinds of names that result. Here in Hong Kong, I've met several Pedros, several Ringos, a few Marios, a Dante, a Pygmalion, a Chlorophyll, and many other bizarre names. The champion was a guy working at Morgan Stanley named... Chewbacca. I kid you not. Apparently quite the Star Wars fan at the time he was in grade school and instructed to select a western first name.

I couldn't find the original site (I think it's gone), but here's another example:

Hong Kong Monikers

What this has to do with New FF Additions is beyond me. If you want to start a Chinese thread go for it but stop cluttering up mine

One thing I've learned is that marketplace threads are the one place that off-topic conversation helps since it keeps your thread pinned to the top...

If that doesn't make you feel any better I'm walking out the door to send you a check.

Great link, Rob! thumbsup2.gif I`ve probably run into about half of those names.

You`re such an afficionado of HK culture, you should come out here sometime!

Ive heard he is an afficionado of more things than just HK culture poke2.gif

Great link, Rob! thumbsup2.gif I`ve probably run into about half of those names.

You`re such an afficionado of HK culture, you should come out here sometime!

It's on my list of things to do... It's just such a "real" trip to plan that it's always gotten pushed back in favor of smaller, more immediate things.

What this has to do with New FF Additions is beyond me. If you want to start a Chinese thread go for it but stop cluttering up mine

"One man's clutter is another man's treasure....."

I think it was Linda Eastman who said that....or Greggy I get them mixed up sometimes...as they both spend a lot of time in darkrooms... confused-smiley-013.gif

Sorry Bob. In my defense, my initial post here was to bring this thread to the attention of BleeckerBob. After that, it just spiraled out of control as so many threads do.

Sorry Bob. In my defense, my initial post here was to bring this thread to the attention of BleeckerBob. After that, it just spiraled out of control as so many threads do.

Ok after about a month of not buying comics I'm back in full force! I will post the scans next week in the silver age section.

Ok after about a month of not buying comics I'm back in full force! I will post the scans next week in the silver age section.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif

Updated with status of sales

FF #4 CGC NM- 9.2 white pages $15,000

FF #4 CGC VF/NM 9.0 offwhite pages $7500 - Sold

FF #5 CGC NM- 9.2 offwhite/white pages $19,000 - Sold

FF #6 CGC VF/NM 9.0 offwhite/white pages $3,200 - Sold

FF #7 CGC VF+ 8.5 offwhite pages, $1750

FF #12 CGC NM- 9.2 offwhite pages $14,500 - Sold

Just in case people were wondering how they were doing.

The big ticket books were sold to long time collectors. I would be very surprised to see them for awhile.

Sheik Ali Blazing Boba