• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batmiesta said:

Such cool books, never seen them before, and of course, now I want them.  :eek:

These are the books I was on about, not mine unfortunately, I think that there are even more. 

Some more here :)

http://www.spiderfan.org/title/comics/spiderman_color_large.html

On 2/17/2019 at 11:03 AM, batmiesta said:

You don't see them every day, month, year.🤔

Man, I just emailed Doug Sulipa and he says that he has NEVER had these in stock and has only seen them on eBay once in a blue moon.  It's gonna be tough to collect these.  Shipping will be the biggest pain. 

On 2/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, LordRahl said:

Has anyone else noticed that there is now a grading service for Treasuries? Why CGC didn't do this years ago is beyond me. Maybe this will spur them to action on this front.

I'd be shocked if CGC decides to grade books by putting them in a polybag with a sticker on the flap like the other grading service, and doubt it they'll invest in the tooling and production to make slabs that size unless the costs drop precipitously enough to make it worthwhile. Unless you're talking about a Treasury grading service I'm unaware of, in which case I'll take the eggs.

2 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I'd be shocked if CGC decides to grade books by putting them in a polybag with a sticker on the flap like the other grading service, and doubt it they'll invest in the tooling and production to make slabs that size unless the costs drop precipitously enough to make it worthwhile. Unless you're talking about a Treasury grading service I'm unaware of, in which case I'll take the eggs.

No, what you are referencing is what I'm talking about. You are probably right about CGC not wanting to either go the polybag route or invest in cases :cry:

21 hours ago, greggy said:

Man, I just emailed Doug Sulipa and he says that he has NEVER had these in stock and has only seen them on eBay once in a blue moon.  It's gonna be tough to collect these.  Shipping will be the biggest pain. 

Yeah! It would cost a small fortune to ship these over to the UK. :frown:

7 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

"The rain exploded with a mighty crash as we fell into the sun..."

I've wanted a copy of this one for a while, I love the cover.

E1E521C5-196B-4018-8F22-16F2E430B767.jpeg

If I butcher this I'm sorry

"And the 1st one said to the 2nd one there, I hope you're having fuUuUUN!"

Congrats!

On the topic of storage and boxes...USPS has a Priority Mail box that is perfect for Treasuries. I'm not sure of the dimensions off-the-top-of-my-head, but they're free and you can fit about 5-10 books in one, I think.

If anyone, tries it out I'll be curious to hear whether I accurately remember how well they work.

12 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

I had some misplaced priorities in the 80's.

HTD Treasuries.jpg

Sorry to add a story to this, but my parents took me to Southern California in around 1977...  I had a few bucks to spend on books at what was likely one of the pre-versions of SDCC. I had a choice to spend $6 on a NM Silver Surfer #1 or a new Howard The Duck #1 that I could have Frank Brunner sign at the bottom of the first page. Needless to say, I made the incorrect choice...... Alas.

3 hours ago, Ron C. said:

Sorry to add a story to this, but my parents took me to Southern California in around 1977...  I had a few bucks to spend on books at what was likely one of the pre-versions of SDCC. I had a choice to spend $6 on a NM Silver Surfer #1 or a new Howard The Duck #1 that I could have Frank Brunner sign at the bottom of the first page. Needless to say, I made the incorrect choice...... Alas.

Nah, you absolutely made the right choice! You can find a NM Surfer 1 again (not for six bucks lol), but you can never replace a HTD 1 that Frank Brunner signed just for you in 1977 :headbang:

Great HTD Treasury set BTW!