• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Bird said:

I don't usually buy on FB but I picked up these 4 treasuries a little while ago. I seem to only come across lower grade copies so I was happy to get these nice ones when I had the chance.

EVHxEUOX0AEJCd4?format=jpg&name=large

I hear you. I’m great with low grades (especially in such a great format for reading), but I had to seek out a nice copy of Captain America’s Bicentennial Battles.

2 hours ago, wormboy said:

Thanks David!
No, unfortunately it did not - those are copies I had previously.

Tease

5 hours ago, wormboy said:

Super stoked to find this recently!

1977 Whitman Star Wars Treasury Display for Volume 2.

I had never seen one of these until I saw this one for sale. I’ve owned and seen the hot pink box for the #1, and the neon orange version for #1 and #2 (see page one of this thread), but I’ve never ever seen one specifically for #2, that includes “Volume II” on the URC. Also this blue and pink color scheme is new to me. Beyond excited :headbang:

image.thumb.jpeg.7f1ad4fe701eae203aceb422ff777628.jpeg

Nice!  My battered copy of this book is one of the handful of books that's a candidate for my oldest original book.  It's either this, the Star Wars #21 that was the first issue of my subscription, or a Star Wars 4-18 from Whitman three packs.

I am a fairly new collector.  Recently I purchased Marvel Classics # 14, war of the worlds.  The grade is 9.8.  I am trying to find another one to see what it is actually worth.  Can anyone help?  

I was told that I may have the only one graded that high since CGC started, but I don't know for sure.  

On 4/19/2020 at 9:34 AM, Aardvarks said:

I am a fairly new collector.  Recently I purchased Marvel Classics # 14, war of the worlds.  The grade is 9.8.  I am trying to find another one to see what it is actually worth.  Can anyone help?  

I was told that I may have the only one graded that high since CGC started, but I don't know for sure.  

That is not a Treasury.  Yes there is only 1 in CGC 9.8 on current census. Good Luck with your $299 buy-it-now price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-CLASSICS-14-CGC-MT-9-8-WAR-OF-WORLDS-1-OF-1-GRADED-9-8-CLAREMONT-STORY/332690823518?hash=item4d75eb195e:g:yfUAAOSwT4ZbHvgj

Edited by 35CentEra