• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2020 at 1:27 PM, OtherEric said:

Cheap LCS pickup today.  You don’t see the #3 very often compared to the 1 and 2 in my experience 

6EFD5D23-9129-43AF-BCB5-0E2C97049300.jpeg

Nice. In my experience, there are definitely fewer #3s than #1 and #2. This thing is a beast at 114 pages! It’s the entire #1 and #2 in one book!

On 6/15/2016 at 12:59 AM, wormboy said:

That is helpful, thanks. I wonder why Marvel would have Whitman distribute some, and Modern Comics distribute others during the same time period? Any idea what the 'MP' logo over the price stands for?

Going back to a post from a few years ago -- I believe the Battlestar Galactica issue's MP stood for Modern Promotions.

Edited by EC Star&Bar

9 hours ago, EC Star&Bar said:

Going back to a post from a few years ago -- I believe the Battlestar Galactica issue's MP stood for Modern Promotions.

Awesome, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Here’s a Whitman one.  I’ve had it since I was little, so it’s not in great shape.

7E3D87A4-5CFA-4842-A883-C575CA920899.jpeg

I love that book, although my copy is the regular version, not the Whitman.  So much better than in has any right to be.  Still utterly ridiculous, but they manage to actually make it a fair fight with a reasonable result, which is a miracle in its own right.

Always loved the one gag on the inside front cover.  It looks like Clark Kent is on the front cover, between Ali's legs...but according to the list on the IFC, it's Christopher Reeve, but drawn as the comic book version of Clark.

3 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I love that book, although my copy is the regular version, not the Whitman.  So much better than in has any right to be.  Still utterly ridiculous, but they manage to actually make it a fair fight with a reasonable result, which is a miracle in its own right.

Always loved the one gag on the inside front cover.  It looks like Clark Kent is on the front cover, between Ali's legs...but according to the list on the IFC, it's Christopher Reeve, but drawn as the comic book version of Clark.

I love it too even though it’s really dated.  Maybe Adams shouldn’t have put the cast of Welcome Back Kotter on the cover in retrospect.

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I love it too even though it’s really dated.  Maybe Adams shouldn’t have put the cast of Welcome Back Kotter on the cover in retrospect.

They just wanted to cross-promote the next issue in the numbering!

Sorry for the cruddy photograph, but I can't easily get to my box of DC Tabloids right now. It at least makes my point:

IMG_20170610_214935.jpg.a16c292949d34bb1d24a47e8abdb2f4d.jpg

2 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

They just wanted to cross-promote the next issue in the numbering!

Sorry for the cruddy photograph, but I can't easily get to my box of DC Tabloids right now. It at least makes my point:

Is that a Welcome Back Kotter Treasury or is a a regular comic?  If it’s a treasury, can you show us the back?  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Is that a Welcome Back Kotter Treasury or is a a regular comic?  If it’s a treasury, can you show us the back?  Thanks.

It's a treasury, the picture shows C-56 to C-61.  I'll try to dig out the book tomorrow and get a picture for you, I think it's a wraparound cover.

The first Rudolph was tough to find. I have an 8.0 but I'm not sure I can post it here. Also, the Kotter one was tough for me to find in VF or better. But my biggest pain so far is trying to find a NM of FFE Batman # 1. Finding a clean white front cover along with a non color breaking black back cover still has me looking.