• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

I've been lucky in that I've been able to get a majority of the books at once.

The DCs one tend to originate from the basement of a store that started with inventory from old stock from an convenience store that never returned their unsold comics since the 60s.  That formed the core of my DC collection.

The Marvels pretty well were the same when a local store decided to dump all their old unsold treasuries for cover after bringing them all from the back room.  I'm pretty sure I bought all of them at once.

I've been getting some of the rarer ones here and there but really haven't been that active for around 15 years.

There's probably a few that I'll like to upgrade and if I can pack them properly, I may try getting some at shows again. 

19 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Lovely copy, I seem to remember winning some Treasuries from Bobcat too. 

I didn't really bother to bid on them cuz I knew I had so many at that time.  I should have in retrospect, as that was during the time when he was selling out his final stuff before retiring for good from eBay.  He was my favourite eBay dealer of all time, due to the fact that he sold mostly DCs that I collected.

3 minutes ago, greggy said:

I didn't really bother to bid on them cuz I knew I had so many at that time.  I should have in retrospect, as that was during the time when he was selling out his final stuff before retiring for good from eBay.  He was my favourite eBay dealer of all time, due to the fact that he sold mostly DCs that I collected.

You're right - it was toward the end of his stuff.

I got some fun odds 'n' ends from him at this period.

He had some great, great books.

One of those guys that was such an amazing find early on & then it became a bidding fistfight later on. Pedigree quality stuff.

2 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

You're right - it was toward the end of his stuff.

I got some fun odds 'n' ends from him at this period.

He had some great, great books.

One of those guys that was such an amazing find early on & then it became a bidding fistfight later on. Pedigree quality stuff.

I remember that he was selling a lot of pedestrian type books for around a year so I asked him what was up and he told me that he wanted to retired for good.  I knew that he retired from the USPS prior to selling on eBay.  He had one final push of really good books before he was gone for good.  

Another signed copy. (#561)

An ebay purchase. This one is a little nicer than the other one I have.

This mailer was sent to Ohio. The seller I got it from was in Michigan.

The prior copy was sent to Iowa.

So neither copy travelled too far from its original mailing point.

This one had the letter explaining the lack of Infantino's signature, plus it had a D.C. T-shirt flyer. I don't recall seeing the  t-shirt flyer show up often.

IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

Edited by HighVoltage
Added the #

13 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

Last one for tonight...

Another one I always wanted when I was a whippersnapper collector.

No one ever had Treasuries when I was a young collector! I found *one* copy - The Spidey #1 - and it was pretty beat up. I read it until the cover fell off & I put it back in with masking tape. Still have it!

Two of my favorite characters!

Sweet Hauser copy listed as NM-

It's at least that grade. Love this one.

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

IMG_7184.JPG

Jose Luis Garcia Lopez is SO underrated... not so much that people who know him underrate him as so many people just don't know his work.

11 hours ago, greggy said:

I remember that he was selling a lot of pedestrian type books for around a year so I asked him what was up and he told me that he wanted to retired for good.  I knew that he retired from the USPS prior to selling on eBay.  He had one final push of really good books before he was gone for good.  

G,

When I think about BobCat - it's like he was Fight Club on ebay. At least the first rule.

You do NOT talk about BobCat.

You find him on your own, and you keep your trap shut, so that you don't contribute to the frenzy. (:

5 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

G,

When I think about BobCat - it's like he was Fight Club on ebay. At least the first rule.

You do NOT talk about BobCat.

You find him on your own, and you keep your trap shut, so that you don't contribute to the frenzy. (:

I found him by winning a CGC 9.8 100 pager off of him early on and then it was history.