• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

Does anyone know which country the treasury on the left is from?

esb_zpsnvcynbgd.jpg

I purchased the book from Australia, but since Australia also sold books published in the U.K. I am wondering if this isn't a U.K. copy.

I have one of these lying around somewhere - from memory I believe they were printed in Manchester UK, but sold in Australia.

90% sure.

If I have time, I'll try to locate it over the weekend.

Makes me want to lay out all of mine on the carpet.

I have a very nice grouping with many of the harder to find in grade books but still just laying flat in a stack in a plastic bin. No bags and boards.

I've only ever sold one and it was the second supes and Spidey issue. It was my OO and it was mint. Should have kept it.

Guess I'll have to pony up and order some up to Alaska some day.

esb_zpsnvcynbgd.jpg

I purchased the book from Australia, but since Australia also sold books published in the U.K. I am wondering if this isn't a U.K. copy.

I have one of these lying around somewhere - from memory I believe they were printed in Manchester UK, but sold in Australia.

90% sure.

I, for one, would love to know for sure. Must own one!

Hey all, I hope you don't mind this post because I don't mean it as a solitcitation but more as an FYI... Just in case though, I've wrapped it in spoilers for those who wish to avoid it on principle.

I've got a bunch of nice DC Treasuries for sale in the forum right now, for those who haven't seen them. I've got someone who is ready to buy the whole lot for his store, but I wanted to give it a few more days to see if any individuals needed single issues for their collection first.

So like I said, they're already sold as far as I'm concerned... but just in case people didn't see them I wanted to let you know.

Edited by fmaz

esb_zpsnvcynbgd.jpg

90% sure.

I, for one, would love to know for sure. Must own one!

Ok had a look, and it appears I sold it last year, but my notes (yes I am a sad git - I keep notes) stated published by Yaffa/Page Sydney, printed in Manchester, UK 1981.

Sold for a whole $12 :cry:

This was always happening - for example the magazine "Star Trek Guide to Fan clubs" was simply reprinted by Yaffa as "The Star Trek Guide"!

Same cover, just left the words 'Fan Clubs' off the cover.

These things do come up from time to time - next time I see one, I'll drop you a PM

Yay a treasury thread! I need to venture out of Gold more often. So i loved treasury editions when I was a kid, but by far my favorite of all was the King Kong Whitman. I loved this book. i still remember where i bought mine. That original copy got read to pieces a long time ago, but I am very excited to have found a full case with the display box. I'm like a kid in a candy store.

PQkzMXz.jpg

22 hours ago, Theagenes said:

Yay a treasury thread! I need to venture out of Gold more often. So i loved treasury editions when I was a kid, but by far my favorite of all was the King Kong Whitman. I loved this book. i still remember where i bought mine. That original copy got read to pieces a long time ago, but I am very excited to have found a full case with the display box. I'm like a kid in a candy store.

PQkzMXz.jpg

Awesome find,:applause:

11 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Super cool! That's one of those books I'd like but always forget to look for. Congrats!

I plan to keep a few (and the display of course) and sell off the rest, so I'll do sales thread when i get a chance. 

I'm very glad that the box was already opened so I have no tough decision to make. I'm setting this puppy up in my nerd room. I can use it to store my other treasuries too. :cloud9:

12 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

My favorite treasury...Famous First Edition C-61 limited edition.

Posted this a while back...figured this was the perfect thread to do it again....

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpg.991c7aed4a0ac6cd1539b8df6c4d83e6.jpgimage.jpg.07f39391be1a5b1643a19e0cc62c81dc.jpg

OMG.

I just sadly sold my copy of Superman vs. Muhammad Ali signed by Neal Adams. I still have a photo of the book. Adams said it was hell drawing the cover because they kept change the people and the price of the piece never changed. He was asked to re draw the cover for ESPN 20 or 30 years later and refused till they offered him I think $40,000. He was smiling the whole time he told the story.

IMG_1728.jpg

20 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

My favorite treasury...Famous First Edition C-61 limited edition.

Posted this a while back...figured this was the perfect thread to do it again....

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpg.991c7aed4a0ac6cd1539b8df6c4d83e6.jpgimage.jpg.07f39391be1a5b1643a19e0cc62c81dc.jpg

Sweet! I have #91 with the original cardboard slipcase as well. Here's a link to the number and  shot of the slipcase it came in.

http://www.treasurycomics.com/gallery/gallerydcfamous.htm