• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Are those treasury size? I'm a little confused, I thought we were only doing Treasury books here. If I've missed some, I'll have to either sell mine, or start shopping again;)

No, they're not.  I was going a bit off on a tangent... which is far from uncommon on these boards. :-)

22 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

No, they're not.  I was going a bit off on a tangent... which is far from uncommon on these boards. :-)

Well, I learned something new and I thank you for that...I'm going to keep my eye out for the annual. I had all the other regular Rudolphs at one time, and I don't collect promos at all.;)

and WHEW, I was panicking, I had to make and mail  a lot of confectionery   for that last book;)

Edited by skypinkblu

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Well, I learned something new and I thank you for that...I'm going to keep my eye out for the annual. I had all the other regular Rudolphs at one time, and I don't collect promos at all.;)

and WHEW, I was panicking, I had to make and mail  a lot of confectionery   for that last book;)

I don't collect promos just because they're promos, like some people... but depending on the content I'll grab them.

Back to the main topic, I've only got a handful of the Marvel Treasuries... but I've got a full set of the DC Tabloids.  (Excluding New Fun, of course!)

So you can see what to look for:

1962.jpg

27 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I don't collect promos just because they're promos, like some people... but depending on the content I'll grab them.

Back to the main topic, I've only got a handful of the Marvel Treasuries... but I've got a full set of the DC Tabloids.  (Excluding New Fun, of course!)

So you can see what to look for:

1962.jpg

Thank you, I was going to ask:) :foryou:

I THINK I have all the Marvels (although one never knows;) and I thought I had all the DC's...I know I have these...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_Collectors'_Edition  I even have the Steranko's. I don't have the Ross one, but what is New Fun?

Ah @OtherEric I see, it was 1935:)

I have all the ones from the 70's and 80's, I gave up with the New Fun or later ones. I even have the Coloring books;)

These things are heavy;) 

http://www.treasurycomics.com/gallery/gallery.htm

Someone had some Golden Books from the 50's as well, that are not on here...I'm not that kind of completest I guess;)

9 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Ah @OtherEric I see, it was 1935:)

I have all the ones from the 70's and 80's, I gave up with the New Fun or later ones. I even have the Coloring books;)

These things are heavy;) 

http://www.treasurycomics.com/gallery/gallery.htm

Someone had some Golden Books from the 50's as well, that are not on here...I'm not that kind of completest I guess;)

I don't have the coloring books, wouldn't mind getting them but not looking too hard.

This thread is dangerous; I just wound up grabbing a copy of the Tabloid Press issue of The Spirit off the bay after looking at the treasurycomics page.  I'll post a photo once it arrives.

And, just to move my comments here a bit back on topic, a couple photos.  My cruddy photography skills means they're not super good images, but I think it shows that the books are in pretty nice shape, at least:

Conan_15.jpg

Howard_12.jpg

And dug my box of the DC Tabloids out.  (I still use Tabloid to describe the DC issues, since that's the name DC uses for them.)  Not all of them are in high grade, but if anybody has a specific cover they want to see I can get something posted here.