• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

There are actually two versions of the Jungle Book Treasury, with different covers.

There's also a Buck Rogers Treasury that exists in both Gold Key and Marvel versions.

On 6/28/2017 at 7:50 PM, wormboy said:

Thanks! Good to know.

Your friend probably already knows, but there was also a Williamson signed version of this book as a UK 'Annual' hardcover.

And of course the (very expensive) three volume HC signed set of the SW newspaper strips.

I have this signed copy somewhere. 

On 6/30/2017 at 6:17 PM, greggy said:

I have number 298

Untitled-1.jpg

This signing was done at least 8 years after this comic was published and probably even later than that.  I believe Catch a Star Collectibles wasn't an entity until the early 1990s.  I was getting excited about the possibilities of another cool variant of this comic to add to my collection like the signed Superman vs Amazing Spider-Man treasury that was mail ordered through Marvel and DC comics.

Edited by rjrjr

17 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Good job, dork. Now you can tear the outer cover off and sell them to rubes as Superman 1.

:o

3 hours ago, greggy said:

Very cool! I was tracking that one - if it was Marvel I would have been in there. I was also tracking the signed Superman/Spiderman Treasury but stopped when it passed $500 (hammer was $865).

Congrats it's a great display !

10 hours ago, wormboy said:

Very cool! I was tracking that one - if it was Marvel I would have been in there. I was also tracking the signed Superman/Spiderman Treasury but stopped when it passed $500 (hammer was $865).

Congrats it's a great display !

hm Link?

I do remember a discussion about how many were actually signed, but I don't remember the details.

I feel like much of the value on this item was due to the provenance provided. 

Latest addition to the DC Tabloids collection; sorry for the cruddy photo.  No coloring, so I'm quite happy with it:

5 of the Coloring Books in my hands, one on the way, and only two to go.  And none of them have any coloring, which is the real trick on these it seems.

Superman_CB2.jpg