• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Got this today:

IMG_2775.thumb.JPG.17826a45b766823e461438fc7309b49b.JPGIMG_2773.thumb.jpg.2134f146ed3266d9649521f09b735918.jpg

And, while I should be doing one of these :banana:

Instead, I am doing one of these :pullhair:

Even though I messaged the guy begging him to package it properly, and he sent back a really nice note stating that he ships things the way he would like them to be shipped to him, he must like things to be shipped to him in old crumpled boxes, without any bubble wrap, and skimpy packing material. The book arrived with a large corner crunch and color breaking crease that wasn't there in the listing photos. Ugh. I'm giving up on eBay.

IMG_2768.thumb.jpg.f12982507cad56d41352ee324d969664.jpgIMG_2771.thumb.jpg.b619e6b92f4132b932d4f393f684229f.jpg

Ruined my night (I know, first world problems, but still super depressing).

Sending it back for a refund.

:censored:

I would have packed it tens times better.

But I would have never sold it to you so it's a moot point. 

15 hours ago, wormboy said:

Got this today:

IMG_2775.thumb.JPG.17826a45b766823e461438fc7309b49b.JPGIMG_2773.thumb.jpg.2134f146ed3266d9649521f09b735918.jpg

Even though I messaged the guy begging him to package it properly, and he sent back a really nice note stating that he ships things the way he would like them to be shipped to him, he must like things to be shipped to him in old crumpled boxes, without any bubble wrap, and skimpy packing material. The book arrived with a large corner crunch and color breaking crease that wasn't there in the listing photos. Ugh. I'm giving up on eBay.

IMG_2768.thumb.jpg.f12982507cad56d41352ee324d969664.jpgIMG_2771.thumb.jpg.b619e6b92f4132b932d4f393f684229f.jpg

That's a shame man, I hate it when that happens. :cry:

15 hours ago, wormboy said:

Got this today:

I'm sorry about that. It terrifies me to buy raw on the interwebs.

Turns out the seller packaged it well, but the USPS opened it up and threw it back in without the packing material. It was sent first class, so the only thing I can think of is they removed the duck tape he used and replaced it with masking tape. He told me he used duck tape, and I read somewhere that they don’t allow it. 

Anyway, if anyone wants it he’ll probably have it up for sale again soon. It’s still a cool book, just doesn’t meet my minimum grade any more.

28 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Turns out the seller packaged it well, but the USPS opened it up and threw it back in without the packing material. It was sent first class, so the only thing I can think of is they removed the duck tape he used and replaced it with masking tape. He told me he used duck tape, and I read somewhere that they don’t allow it. 

Anyway, if anyone wants it he’ll probably have it up for sale again soon. It’s still a cool book, just doesn’t meet my minimum grade any more.

It wasn't my grade to begin with. 

Well, mine either really, but I give a little for ‘one of a kind’ items like this.

To be perfectly honest, I was going to swap the interior book with a better copy, as the outer cover was much nicer than the interior, but then the outer cover got damaged.

44 minutes ago, wormboy said:

I had no idea they opened 1st class, I thought they just opened media mail. It's in my grade range, I'll look for it;)

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I had no idea they opened 1st class, I thought they just opened media mail. It's in my grade range, I'll look for it;)

:flipbait:

Fresh in today.  This actually gives me all the DC Giant Comics to Color, and all of them are 100% uncolored, so I'm quite happy there.  I can once again claim I have all the DC tabloid editions (excluding New Fun, of course.)

I've also got a clean copy of the Captain America issue, so all I need now is a copy of the Spider-Man one.  Unfortunately, even colored copies of that one seem to be rarer than uncolored copies of any of the other, and an uncolored copy?  I'm going to be looking a while for that one...

9E03BAF7-819F-4567-A852-9B85D7D4AE3A.jpeg

Edited by OtherEric

On 11/13/2017 at 11:44 PM, 01TheDude said:

I've never seen a double cover treasury book-- shouldn't that be a keeper just for the rarity?

maybe they happen more often than I think

Yeah, you’re right, it should be. I have issues lol

On 11/7/2017 at 6:51 PM, skypinkblu said:

Hi @skypinkblu,

FYI - the book is back up on eBay (for 3x what I paid).

Before you, or anyone else consider buying it, please check out the post I'm about to make in the blocked eBay User thread. 

I didn't want to clutter this thread, but felt obligated to tell my story.

Just now, wormboy said:

Hi @skypinkblu,

FYI - the book is back up on eBay (for 3x what I paid).

Before you, or anyone else consider buying it, please check out the post I'm about to make in the blocked eBay User thread. 

I didn't want to clutter this thread, but felt obligated to tell my story.

I  had already decided to forget it, I contacted the seller and he went on and on about having to make up the postage he spent, how only the inner cover counts, etc, etc. He said he was listing it higher, and I said no thank you.

I will be happy to read your story, the seller gave me a headache;) so I can just imagine.

35 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I  had already decided to forget it, I contacted the seller and he went on and on about having to make up the postage he spent, how only the inner cover counts, etc, etc. He said he was listing it higher, and I said no thank you.

I will be happy to read your story, the seller gave me a headache;) so I can just imagine.

I think he may roam these boards and knew there would be buyers waiting so jacked the price based on more possible demand.....hmmmmmm

Edited by Obi-Wan

Sorry for the thread derail.

Back to some Treasury Love.

This was the hardest one for me to find (of the Marvel Treasury series):

Non-Whitman Close Encounters (now I need an upgrade :insane:)

IMG_3292.thumb.jpg.72bf7d663a0b7997797b5e627359ef3f.jpg

I think I have them all now, unless someone comes up with another Whitman I haven't seen.