• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

On 2017-10-20 at 12:34 AM, batmiesta said:

Thanks for the info Marwood & I ,  Brock.  Any chance of letting us see the Hulk edition? 

It took awhile to dig this out, but here's the Hulk book...

hulk1.jpg

hulk2.jpg

Edited by Brock

On 11/7/2017 at 9:06 PM, wormboy said:

It was sent first class, so the only thing I can think of is they removed the duck tape he used and replaced it with masking tape. He told me he used duck tape, and I read somewhere that they don’t allow it.

That sounds odd to me.  If duct tape is disallowed, the package should have been refused at the service counter...

20 hours ago, jools&jim said:

That sounds odd to me.  If duct tape is disallowed, the package should have been refused at the service counter...

Good point! I guess if he prepaid the label and dropped it in the drop box? Anyway, he’s been proven to be a liar as shown in my post on the blocked eBay user thread, so this was likely a lie as well.

7 hours ago, wormboy said:

Anyway, he’s been proven to be a liar as shown in my post on the blocked eBay user thread, so this was likely a lie as well.

(thumbsu   I'd say there's very little doubt about that.  The USPS would need to obtain a search warrant to open a First Class letter or parcel:

4. Can Postal Inspectors open mail if they feel it may contain something illegal?
First-Class letters and parcels are protected against search and seizure under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, and, as such, cannot be opened without a search warrant. If there is probable cause to believe the contents of a First-Class letter or parcel violate federal law, Postal Inspectors can obtain a search warrant to open the mailpiece. Other classes of mail do not contain private correspondence, and therefore may be opened without a warrant.

SOURCE: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/faq.aspx

Edited by jools&jim

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎25 at 11:49 AM, batmiesta said:

First time I have seen these 2 books in the flesh courtesy of Wormboy, thanks again Tim. 

DSC00517%202_zpskfvpszka.jpg

DSC00514%202_zpsmuwoiero.jpg

Got them

@batmiesta

Glad you got some love for your hobby these past holidays! :foryou:

I don't know much about treasuries, but I have a few :) 

I like the Neal Adams $1 C-25.... and the Mystery C-23 looks Awesome as well, didn't Neal Adams redo a version of that cover in Bat or Tec?

Anyway, CONGRATS

Ah nevermind I found it ....

It was also House of Mystery #174...... it was all confusing there for a second :) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/House-of-Mystery-174-GD-2-5-CGC-Mystery-Format-Begins-Signed-by-neal-adams/253360607955?hash=item3afd7812d3:g:OWsAAOSw-xVaJFjf

EDIT : why this listing got signed by neal adams is also confusint

Edited by ADAMANTIUM