• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROES CON 2017, June 16-18
1 1

163 posts in this topic

Hey is there a way to learn who's doing a signing through CGC at Heroes Con?

For example, at C2E2 last year I was able to leave a comic at the CGC booth and it was signed by Chris Claremont, then slabbed and mailed to me.  Is there a resource from which I could learn if any creators are doing that at Heroes Con?

Leaving shortly for the show. Just tons and tons of new stuff with lots of keys, high grade Silver, and about 220  awesome Golden Age and 1950s books which will be offered first at this show. You can check out some of it on the site. See you all there. Travel safely.

https://www.dalerobertscomics.com/c/new-arrivals

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

For those of you who will be at Heroes...see you tomorrow. Leaving 4:30 AM and hope to hit the show around 2.

They aren't even opening doors for load in till noon. Little bummed. Always been 10 am

Hope to see everyone there. I haven't been back to Charlotte in a few years. 

This year I'm co-sponsoring, on behalf of my site CreatorLaw.com,  the Friday Night Drink and Draw to benefit Team Cul De Sac with proceeds going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. 

Should be a great time. A lot of fun for a great cause. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 7.03.29 PM.png

35 minutes ago, comickings17 said:

I always love dealers set up day...good seeing a lot of the guys from the boards!

20170615_170058.jpg

You had folks clamoring to buy!

Even though I've been collecting a reading comics for a really long time I've never been to a convention so I decided this would be the year I went...I decided to volunteer that way I didn't look completely lost...this forum seems to be the only one active about the convention so I was hoping you experts would help me with a few questions I had 

I have some comics I want to take to get signed....how does that work exactly? Do I just take it to the booth they are at and say will you please sign this for me? 

I know that seems like a silly question but I'm super nervous about this whole experience and I think I'm even more nervous because I'll be there by myself 

35 minutes ago, Bambam1096 said:

Even though I've been collecting a reading comics for a really long time I've never been to a convention so I decided this would be the year I went...I decided to volunteer that way I didn't look completely lost...this forum seems to be the only one active about the convention so I was hoping you experts would help me with a few questions I had 

I have some comics I want to take to get signed....how does that work exactly? Do I just take it to the booth they are at and say will you please sign this for me? 

I know that seems like a silly question but I'm super nervous about this whole experience and I think I'm even more nervous because I'll be there by myself 

1st off - don't be nervous since a majority of comic book guys are at the Con by themselves (we don't move around in packs).  Heroes is huge but laid out well so you won't get lost in a sea of people.  In terms of getting books signed you have to decide if you want the books graded or just want the signature without going thru the grading process.  If you just want books signed then it's easy - wait in line for the guy you want and they will let you know if there is a fee or donation to get the signature.  Hand the artists the books and they will sign the covers for you and they may even chat you up if you talk to them.  Most are really friendly and only the big names like Neal Adams will charge you for a signature or two. 

If you want CGC to grade the signed book then make sure you stop by the CGC booth BEFORE you go get any signatures.  They will walk you thru the process and the expenses involved with getting your first Signature Series slab.  Good luck and enjoy!

Edited by 1Cool

9 hours ago, comickings17 said:

I always love dealers set up day...good seeing a lot of the guys from the boards!

20170615_170058.jpg

Bet that $50 ASM 300 was gone quick.  Love your price stickers by the way - very imaginative and easy to see.