• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEROES CON 2017, June 16-18
1 1

163 posts in this topic

Heading home early from the show. Great show and wish I had more time to look through boxes. Had a budget for the show, blew through that in an hour on Friday so I have to work twice as hard to build up the reserves for WWC. The friends, the show,  the weather we're all great. 

19 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Stop by 1700/1800 and say hi (maybe even buy a book or 2!)

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

G.A.tor is that a clunker Cap 3 you don't need:whistle: I see a 7.0 boner  also :ohnoez: you the man.

Edited by woowoo

On 6/14/2017 at 0:44 PM, Dale Roberts said:

Leaving shortly for the show. Just tons and tons of new stuff with lots of keys, high grade Silver, and about 220  awesome Golden Age and 1950s books which will be offered first at this show. You can check out some of it on the site. See you all there. Travel safely.

https://www.dalerobertscomics.com/c/new-arrivals

I always buy from him when he's at SDCC!!!  A++++   

Joe and I drove back yesterday evening; we got into the Orlando/Lake Mary area to drop Joe off at 8:30 and I got in around 10:30 pm.  The 8 hour drive from Lake Mary isn't too bad, and it's always easier when you have company.

As for buying, I was a little disappointed with Heroes last year (not enough "fresh" books, not enough "small" dealers, and too much buying competition, etc.), and the first day and a half of this year's show was going in much the same vein.  Until, that is, I went back to Earl Shaw's booth and feasted on some of his bin books in the back. At the discount I was getting, they were too hard to pass up, and I ended up pulling a long box worth of wall books and some just-graded slabs at a great price.  Had a chance to start going through that long box, and the few gems I've closely inspected have not disappointed.   Just goes to show, there are still deals to be had on Saturday if you look around and inquire with the right vendors.  Overall, very pleased with how this show turned out and already looking forward to next year.

Well, after not being able to make it last year when I had anticipated, I finally was able to attend my first Heroes Con, and I was very impressed. I made the last whim decision to head out this morning from Columbia, SC and I don't regret my decision. Got my first personal signatures, my first commissioned OA, picked up the two books I wanted the most, submitted my first books to CGC, also bought my first CGC book. Here are the highlights:

Got my Avenging Spiderman #9 signed by DeConnick and Dodson, off to CGC for SS.

Sex Criminals #1 signed by Fraction and Dzarsky, off to CGC for SS.

God Country #1 and Redneck #1 ashcan are getting signed by Cates and also off to CGC SS.

Original art sketch comissioned by Dzarsky, off to be slabbed by CGC.

Got my Miracleman #15 signed by Totleben, but as not a high grade book I just kept it raw.

Bought these books and didn't break the bank:

Stormwatch #37 signed by Tom Raney

Wonder  Woman #169 signed by Adam Hughes and Phil Jimenez

Wonder Woman #178, 190, 192, 193 all signed by Hughes

Spawn #100 newsstand edition

Batman Adventures #28 2nd print

Batman and Robin Adventures #8 newsstand

Marvel Super Heroes #13 for $30 (mid grade copy and some kid scribbles on the cover, but it's a book I've been chasing for years so this will certainly do)

Marvel Premiere #19 (finally found a decent copy for under $20, really happy with this!)

Bloodshot: Last Stand (first copy I've ever come across since I've been looking, and it was dirt cheap)

Quantum and Woody #1 & 3, both signed by Greg Adams, also dirk cheap

Magnus Robot Fighter #0 with insert signed by Bob Layton

Rick and Morty #25 signed and sketched by Kyle Starch and Ryan Kincaid CGC SS 9.8 for $30!!!

Gotta go again next year! Everyone was super nice, and he CGC witnesses were incredibly helpful and led me in the right direction. Great job, Heroes!

Edited by BishopT

I know for a fact that there was an Adventure 210 in the room, because it was mine on consignment. I do hope the person who was looking for it scooped it up. The 1987 Saab convertible in my garage (or as we refer to it, The Place Where Daddy's Money Goes) needs a new convertible retractor motor. Here's a hint. If you want to buy Saabs? Buy two because you'll get one car's worth of parts.

42 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I know for a fact that there was an Adventure 210 in the room, because it was mine on consignment. I do hope the person who was looking for it scooped it up. The 1987 Saab convertible in my garage (or as we refer to it, The Place Where Daddy's Money Goes) needs a new convertible retractor motor. Here's a hint. If you want to buy Saabs? Buy two because you'll get one car's worth of parts.

I saw 2 copies. 1 at Harley Yee,  and another at a booth in the middle. A friend of mine bought the copy at Harley.