• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League 51 Two Covers?

68 posts in this topic

Whats up with the two covers for Justice League 51? I got two different covers in my pull box yesterday.

One had Writer: Dan Abnett Art: Paul Pelletier & Sandra Hope Cover: Paul Pelletier & Tony Kordos

The other has Jurgens, Grummet, Miki & Eltaeb

Whats up with the two covers for Justice League 51? I got two different covers in my pull box yesterday.

One had Writer: Dan Abnett Art: Paul Pelletier & Sandra Hope Cover: Paul Pelletier & Tony Kordos

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=justice+league+51+2+covers

Here is what I think is up.

DC announced #52 would ship before #51

But one week apart.

DC printed #51 on the cover that should have said #52

Shops that reported shortages or damages were then filled with #51

congrats, you got a somewhat rare variant cover.

congrats, you got a somewhat rare variant cover.

You don't know how limited it is.

You don't know what it is.

Could be very rare.

Could be plentiful.

I've figured:

#1-Diamond shipped them Monday ONLY.

To shops that re-ordered, reported shortages or damages.

#2-640 Barnes & Nobel's received a version of this "error"

Period.

Going to be some seriously disappointed people who paid $100+ for this book. ... and some people ecstatic they got $100+ from those same people ...

Maybe, yes.

Maybe, no.

Name ONE.

ONE, other mainstream title to train-wreck an error like this.

Three errors on one cover.

#1-issue #

#2-creative team blurb

#3-Art

Had to be deliberate by disgruntled employee.

Hearing.

One case (220) shipped out via Diamond .

rest destroyed.

Hearing 4k price/art/upc variant to the 600+ Barnes & Nobel.

Let's see where it ends.

You have NOTHING to compare it to.

Going to be some seriously disappointed people who paid $100+ for this book. ... and some people ecstatic they got $100+ from those same people ...

I guess it depends on how rare it turns out to be....it is an error cover for 51 so that has to mean something. My BN is still on Action 957 so I guess i'll need to check every day.

My statement is purely based on my Opinion that there are 5,000+ total that will be in circulation. Sure that is a small print run in comparison to the "correct" versions but not more rare than Variant/Incentive covers we see for many books. Don't get me wrong I have seen many a hype train leave the station with common sense in tow over the years. Also, ONLY a single case released throughout the country to lcs' ? So, the ones popping up already are more likely from Barnes and Nobles supply end? I don't know about that.

My statement is purely based on my Opinion that there are 5,000+ total that will be in circulation. Sure that is a small print run in comparison to the "correct" versions but not mare rare than Variant/Incentive covers we see for many books. Don't get me wrong I have seen many a hype train leave the station with common sense in tow over the years.

No.

The Barnes & Nobel is different.

Diamond said they doubt a case got out.

220 to a case.

You say 5k.

I say less than 221

Let's see where it falls in a month.

DM Wager ANY amount.

I'm your Huckleberry.

Don't just spew from your anonymous internet moniker.

Put something up.

? You get really worked up fast don't you old man. This was a discussion not a gunfight at the O.K. Corral. Put the horse back in the barn and save the mess talk for your customers.

*shrug*

That's what I figured...

Taunts from the anonymous moniker.

Guaranteed to be less than 220 , and you have 58 .... you are a tool . You must have been into penny stocks in the late 90's too ...Pump and Dump Larry

No.

In the 90's I was into comics.

Buying, selling comics.

It's my "thing"

Pretty damn fun.

This has been a spectacular week.