• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RECAP at END at Buzzetta's SDCC Couch Tour 2016- No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom

157 posts in this topic

Lego Batman Trailer - Just wow....

Lot of hidden jokes in the "picking a costume" part.

Be on the lookout for this... (If it is real)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-23%20at%208.11.00%20PM.png

Spider-man villains may have been accidentally revealed...

Supposedly Diamond Rep accidentally let it slip that there will be Spider-man Homecoming Mini Mate packs in 2017 with the following villains:

Vulture

Tinkerer

Shocker

Which explains why everyone bought ASM 46's in the last two days.

Test Footage for Star Trek: Discover

NCC-1031 (Halloween?)

And... do the Klingons know that the Federation stole the bodies of their ships to glue saucer sections on them?

Hot Toys Gonk Droid...

Even the Power Droid gets a figure...

WTH?

2016-SDCC-Hot-Toys-Booth-Wednesday-019.jpg

The Gonk droid has a pretty funny Twitter account.

It randomly Gonks

lol ... didn't know about this... I like the 'Gonk' variations.

https://twitter.com/gonkdroid

I have not picked anything up yet during SDCC Couch Tour... I have put a few bids in trying to score a Transformers: Soundwave / Tablet (just because it looks pretty cool)

Sales have been up though. I've done well with a few books. Here are a couple of reported sales that occurred during and immediately leading up to SDCC.

Ms Marvel 1: CGC 9.4 $279.99 shipped.

Supergirl Page of Art from the 80's: $500 shipped

Superman 204: CGC 9.8 SS Jim Lee: $200 shipped.

Assorted Lego Sets, SW, Joe and Transformers Action Figures...

People who are not at the show are spending money which is quite different than last year. During con season I noticed a little bit of a drop in sold items across the board.

We will see...

Promo Codes !

BTW... If you are looking for promo codes during SDCC.

Sideshow is running a Marvel sale on SELECT items... The War Machine Mark II suit is pretty interesting and there are various vinyl Iron Man (Reg Armor) and Hulkbuster Armor sets of figures which are looking for new homes on your desks.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/?code=SDCCMARVEL&utm_term=Image%20-%20%2425%20OFF%20select%20MARVEL&utm_content=Image%20-%20%2425%20OFF%20select%20MARVEL

Meanwhile over in Japan... Takara revealed that they are doing a retooling of the Titans Return Optimus Prime. Here are the comparisons... On the right is the Hasbro US release and the left is the Takara retooling.

Hasbro will be $45 USD

Takara version is currently being offered for $95 imported through places like BBTS and TFSource.

Trailer does not detach and actually folds into the body. Both releases are headmasters with a mini prime that forms the head or sits in the cab.

Both roughly form the same city mode.

I know I want one of these as I had the powermaster Prime as a kid and that is long gone. I kind of like the futuristic truck mode of the US release but have to admit that the Takara release looks better in robot mode. I THINK... that the feet were not transformed correctly in the stock image for the Takara release. I think they are backwards. I have a month or two to decide so I may justify the Takara release if I sell a few things that are collecting dust and free up some space.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%203.37.17%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%203.37.58%20PM.png

Rumors are there that Quesada's magic might be undone... who knows... with a teenage Spiderman in the movies... I do not think they are going to marry the main Spider-man off in the comics.

So.... my SDCC Couch Tour Wrap Up...

Much like last year, certain companies are hosting their own 'cons' to piggy back on the name. Joe Con seemed to be a little later than usual as it was in June. Botcon and teh Japanese presentation seemed to also take place during SDCC allowing Hasbro to unleash Joes and Transformers with greater focus to their core than they might be able to diluted by other announcements at SDCC. Disney knows where it's at and most of the Star Wars things that were revealed at SDCC were revealed at Celebration which took place right before SDCC. Look for a continued decrease presence over the next few years as Hasbro continues to host their own cons.

Media

The real winner I think was DC which took full advantage to display their progress on Wonder Woman, a surprise JLA trailer and to promote Suicide Squad. I think they did a great job of this. Dr Strange looks remarkable and I honestly cannot wait to see Disney / Marvel's version of Inception. Cumberbatch will definitely deliver and I look forward to November's Marvel offering... as well as the 2017 return of BBC's Sherlock

Toys

Sideshow and Hot Toys continue to impress. Hasbro tries its best but I am still not digging 5poa SW figures and what seems to be a cheaper feeling plastic compared to what was produced even five years ago. I was surprised that there were no major Lego announcements or offerings. Star Wars and Transformers still reign supreme while GI Joe continues to struggle. I, and many others, were expecting a reveal at Joecon or SDCC that Hasbro was going to test the waters with a 6" Scale Snake Eyes but... nothing. What will happen to the Joes? Dunno... but should be interesting given that Hasbro wants a shared universe.

Comics

On the comics front, I was surprised that DC continues to hold back on an all you can eat digital subscription service. I was actually expecting some type of announcement for this. I am looking forward to see what Marvel does with certain characters as certain book shifts led me to pick up a few copies of a character's recent first appearance. Spider-man is getting taunted that Mesphito knows something that Peter doesn't which is truly annoying and could be intriguing if Marvel goes back to a married PP and MJ. I doubt that though as Marvel may not want a married Peter Parker in the comics while Spiderman: Homecoming is about to be released. When it came to the actual comics... I saw a lot of reshuffling and plans that eventually lead to renumbering which makes it even more confusing as to what to pick up. For now I continue to stick to Marvel Unlimited.

Couch Tour Sales

Not kidding... my ka-ching sound from eBay, the message received notifications and other venues seemed to be hopping way more than usual compared to last year. As someone else told me, many people cannot go to SDCC so they spend the money they would have spent in going to the show online. I definitely agree with this. I sold off a number of slabs, plastic crack and some art.

Pickups

This year, I picked up two Transformers.... Yeah, that is it. I looked at a few comics online but want to remain focused on something possibly on auction or at NYCC.

I did pick up (or rather preorder) the new Takara Powermaster Optimus Prime from Japan through BBTS (I loved that toy as a kid). It sold out for a few hours but they eventually restocked the preorder (?) so I just said screw it and reserved my copy. I also could not resist in picking up a SDCC Exclusive Soundwave Tablet / Ipad whatever... As far as comics, i only picked up ASM 15 (Iron Spider - Mary Jane) of the current series as I actually missed picking that issue up. I also picked up a few copies of another character's first appearance as the character could be important. I am not revealing because then I feel as if we are playing the moderns that are heating up game where some try to pimp things for their benefit. If it turns out to be important then great... if not then it was a waste of less than $20.

With that said... thanks for tuning into Couch Tour... I will return with something like this in October with the Thread that Nobody Demanded IV (or is it V) Buzzetta at NYCC. See you then.

My Couch tour SDCC loo...

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-29%20at%207.55.38%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-29%20at%207.54.05%20PM.png