• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 46 CGC 8.0 stolen at Comicpalooza in Houston

7 posts in this topic

I've met THB for a face-to-face, and he's a great guy. That really sux - turn your back for a second then ... bamm, there go half your profits from a show.

However unlikely - if I come across it I'll be sure to give THB a call.

Just a quick note as to how the comic was stolen. We had a corner booth in aisle 300 and we had no vendors behind us, just some curtains. Some big beam was in the aisle and they figured it would be a fire hazard if they put a vendor in those spots. I left the booth for a minute or two to pick up some foreign comics I had my eye on. When I left they distracted the person I was sharing the booth with and just like that someone got their hands either behind the curtain or from the side and grabbed the book. We reported to security and I alerted the other dealers to be on the look out and George posted this ASAP. Lesson learned. I am pretty sure I will never see this book again but I will file a police report online just in case I ever see it or if it turns up somewhere else. TBH this did not spoil the event for me as I met many great board members and had Dinner the previous night with some of them and had a great time. Found some really cool comics ( including the foreign ones ) and picked up a CGC order I was excited to get. And from the conversations I had with other dealers it sounds like Chicago is a must to go to this year. Look forward to meeting more of y'all there this year.

Just a quick note as to how the comic was stolen. We had a corner booth in aisle 300 and we had no vendors behind us, just some curtains. Some big beam was in the aisle and they figured it would be a fire hazard if they put a vendor in those spots. I left the booth for a minute or two to pick up some foreign comics I had my eye on. When I left they distracted the person I was sharing the booth with and just like that someone got their hands either behind the curtain or from the side and grabbed the book. We reported to security and I alerted the other dealers to be on the look out and George posted this ASAP. Lesson learned. I am pretty sure I will never see this book again but I will file a police report online just in case I ever see it or if it turns up somewhere else. TBH this did not spoil the event for me as I met many great board members and had Dinner the previous night with some of them and had a great time. Found some really cool comics ( including the foreign ones ) and picked up a CGC order I was excited to get. And from the conversations I had with other dealers it sounds like Chicago is a must to go to this year. Look forward to meeting more of y'all there this year.

Sorry to hear

Look forward to meeting you in Chicago