• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Turner Aspen Exclusive Artwork DC Harley Quinn #1 ?

209 posts in this topic

Hard to lose money when they only pay approx $3 per book. They are ROLLING in the $$$$. They will have stacks to sell at SDCC and future conventions and will have no problem getting 15-20+ per book. They will however sacrifice credibility for future sales.

9000 print run would put just the color variant at #219 of 430 charted books in last months sales. 1 spot ahead of IDW Transformers: Till all are One #1 lol Now the most common of ALL of the Harley Quinn #1 Retailer Variants

Good for them, they should be able to make money on these. The market has dictated that money is to be made and better the company producing the item make money.

well, good for them until a FLOOD of cancellations hit them (Though I heard they won't offer cancellations beyond 24 hours after your order. Pretty dirty trick). Then they'll be begging people to buy their pudding. The company producing them will be losing money..not sure that was their plan.

Aspen later posted that sales could be cancelled anytime prior to the books shipping.

It is a pre-order. I am sure there is a disclaimer somewhere on that site for such an occasion. People have been made aware of the increased print run and refunds will be given. There you go... what lawsuit is there. They will make good by refunding people . Now IF the book was released and then they printed more and or it was determined there were more than initially stated you would something...sorta

People up in arms about sellers on ebay...food for thought...cost to Aspen for a Puddin set $9 so they are making 6.5 times their investment. Ebay sellers are ASKING 3 times their investment. Which is worse ? Aspen going back for A LOT more of those huge profits or the sellers who got that sale once ? I don't presell items either but IMO Aspen is the one looking really thirsty with this increase of print run today.

Well said and I would ad this seriously damages Aspens credibility and integrity . You can not claim to be selling something and say there are only 1,000 . Then turn around and say. Oh well we will make more. Happy for those that didn't get one , but disgusted with Aspen for downright dishonesty

It's their books.....they can make whatever they want on them. What's keeping them from charging $80 a book? They'd still get it. I don't remember Aspen announcing that it was 1000 print run. I'd seen many people asking them on FB what the print is and they said they'd announce later. They're not being dishonest...they're just trying to get their product into as many hands as possible while still making a good profit. Sad that so many people are canceling orders now...easy to see who the flippers are and who the real fans are.

Good for them, they should be able to make money on these. The market has dictated that money is to be made and better the company producing the item make money.

well, good for them until a FLOOD of cancellations hit them (Though I heard they won't offer cancellations beyond 24 hours after your order. Pretty dirty trick). Then they'll be begging people to buy their pudding. The company producing them will be losing money..not sure that was their plan.

Even with the cancellations they will sell out of these. Well maybe not just the color ones but the others. I'm not keen on the upping of the print after the fact but it happened.

no, you missed it. They CLEARLY stated the Hatless variant ,only found in the Puddin Pack, was limited to only 1000 ! Also, if a retailer asked $80 a book, they would certainly sell some BUT wouldn't sell a lot .

no, you missed it. They CLEARLY stated the Hatless variant ,only found in the Puddin Pack, was limited to only 1000 ! Also, if a retailer asked $80 a book, they would certainly sell some BUT wouldn't sell a lot .

I apologize, I didn't see that on the print run. But when a "retailer's" main customer are people reselling at 7x the cost, then they're a whole seller. And even at $80 a book or set, there's still a lot of profit to be made and they'd still sell out.

Whatever.

Moving the print run higher and admitting it is a lot better than whats going on with Legacy comics and cards.

The facebook page is riddled with great examples of why they should fire who ever is running their social media.

Since they increase the print run... they should drop the price, and give a partial refund to people that ordered it. I think this way, would make things right...

They keep saying that an order cancellation is good for 24 hrs... well everybody ordered on monday July 11 @ 12PM EST. So I guess 24 hrs is already done