• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 6.0 WP -- SOLD & CLOSED

54 posts in this topic

Hey all --

Thanks for the good words! Suffice to say I am very pleased to sell a key of this magnitude on the boards rather than through an auction house. Not that I didn't want strong value -- I did -- but because my first priority was to get some other books in return. I didn't need a TON of cash, just enough to see us through.

Dan had three books I really liked, including an AF 15, and once we had the principal books in place we just went back and forth a bit on the cash piece. Dan was a pro to work with and I'm delighted it all worked out.

I had about 15 people showing interest and making offers, and ALL of them were legitimate (no low-ball nonsense) and professional. Thanks to everyone who was in touch...it was crazy for about 24 hours, but a lot of fun as well.

Part of what makes the boards special is the community of buying, selling, and trading that brings people together and -- occasionally -- makes dreams come true. I'm proud to be part of that tradition, and hope other collectors and dealers will use the Boards for their sales and sale/trade transactions of this kind (although probably on a smaller scale). :applause:

Dan

(worship)

Quick. Spider-man agrees with the Bugle! Could it be. Are the rumors true? Is SpideyFein really a Spidey-Fein?????

The answer. No need to keep you kids waiting.

Yes!

I'll take it per pm

(worship)

Thank you Dan, for being an awesome gentleman!

That is how they roll in Strong Island :hi:

Quick. Spider-man agrees with the Bugle! Could it be. Are the rumors true? Is SpideyFein really a Spidey-Fein?????

The answer. No need to keep you kids waiting.

Yes!

I'll take it per pm

(worship)

Thank you Dan, for being an awesome gentleman!

That is how they roll in Strong Island :hi:

Represent bro !

And before anyone thinks I am making fun of Spider-fein, I've met him a few times in person and literally have run into him while headed to a relative's house. Congrats on buyer and seller and glad to see the buyer get a dream book of his. - congrats on getting the book.

Hey all --

Thanks for the good words! Suffice to say I am very pleased to sell a key of this magnitude on the boards rather than through an auction house. Not that I didn't want strong value -- I did -- but because my first priority was to get some other books in return. I didn't need a TON of cash, just enough to see us through.

Dan had three books I really liked, including an AF 15, and once we had the principal books in place we just went back and forth a bit on the cash piece. Dan was a pro to work with and I'm delighted it all worked out.

I had about 15 people showing interest and making offers, and ALL of them were legitimate (no low-ball nonsense) and professional. Thanks to everyone who was in touch...it was crazy for about 24 hours, but a lot of fun as well.

Part of what makes the boards special is the community of buying, selling, and trading that brings people together and -- occasionally -- makes dreams come true. I'm proud to be part of that tradition, and hope other collectors and dealers will use the Boards for their sales and sale/trade transactions of this kind (although probably on a smaller scale). :applause:

Dan

(worship)

+1 and congrats to both parties.

I am an addicted sports fanatic so I need to see the full trade to pass judgement on who won :jokealert:

Seriously, awesome deal guys! But yeah, I aint lying when I say i wanna know the full deal lol;)

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all of the kind words. Dan has been kind enough to share many details on the deal, and I couldn't be more thankful for Dan's flexibility and his professionalism. This is a dream book for many of us here on the boards. Of course, as one would imagine, getting (or shall I say obtaining) a book of this caliber is not an easy task or decision, and I have patiently (and impatiently) collected many good books over my years of collecting. There have been many times I've let big opportunities pass me by. In this instance, I let it ride and I couldn't be happier. These boards have been like a home to me and I want to thank all of you for your insight and passion for the books! You have helped drive me to unleash the Fein within on many occasion, and this is surely no exception lol Thanks again Dan!

-Dan

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for all of the kind words. Dan has been kind enough to share many details on the deal, and I couldn't be more thankful for Dan's flexibility and his professionalism. This is a dream book for many of us here on the boards. Of course, as one would imagine, getting (or shall I say obtaining) a book of this caliber is not an easy task or decision, and I have patiently (and impatiently) collected many good books over my years of collecting. There have been many times I've let big opportunities pass me by. In this instance, I let it ride and I couldn't be happier. These boards have been like a home to me and I want to thank all of you for your insight and passion for the books! You have helped drive me to unleash the Fein within on many occasion, and this is surely no exception lol Thanks again Dan!

-Dan

I've known Dan for quite a while, He always looks for the best looking copy of whatever book he wants and waits for the right one to come along.