• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicpalooza-Houston 2016 OA Collector Report

40 posts in this topic

Austin/Dallas/Houston/San Antonio Area Collectors (including ArkLaTex too),

Greetings, all. I have delayed pushing a date as many are busy in the convention season. Several are now gearing up for Chicago as it is just around the corner. With the New York Comic Con in October, I wanted to ensure that we avoided this large show for an OCA gathering. How is everyone with 29 October? October is a five weekend month, and this is the last Saturday of the month. Plan is to still have the gathering at Bedrock City's main location on Westheimer in Houston. Pencil in that date.

Ciao,

PRC

What about bumping it back or forward a week to not compete with the ACCC?

Austin/Dallas/Houston/San Antonio Area Collectors (including ArkLaTex too),

Greetings, all. I have delayed pushing a date as many are busy in the convention season. Several are now gearing up for Chicago as it is just around the corner. With the New York Comic Con in October, I wanted to ensure that we avoided this large show for an OCA gathering. How is everyone with 29 October? October is a five weekend month, and this is the last Saturday of the month. Plan is to still have the gathering at Bedrock City's main location on Westheimer in Houston. Pencil in that date.

Ciao,

PRC

What about bumping it back or forward a week to not compete with the ACCC?

Message received. 29 October is off the table. If we move to 22 October, then I will not be able to attend. How about if we bump to the right to 12 or 19 November? Does this conflict with any shows in the area?

If everyone is cool with the 12th at the Westheimer store I will start promoting it.

Like I said, Texas Cons aren't known for OA, but I did not go home empty handed. didn't get these at the show, but Comicpalooza gets the assist:[/b]

IMG_8141_zpsl1ywpwv2.jpg

That's a great Heath page-I've owned a couple of pages from this issue and he did some really cool things with panel layouts; this is a great example!

Richard (Bedrock Stud),

It sounds like 12 November is a GO. How does 1 PM (1300 hours) CST sound? This will give time for people to travel in from Austin, Dallas, SA, and any points from Arkansas and Louisiana.

Ciao!

PRC

Richard (Bedrock Stud),

It sounds like 12 November is a GO. How does 1 PM (1300 hours) CST sound? This will give time for people to travel in from Austin, Dallas, SA, and any points from Arkansas and Louisiana.

Ciao!

PRC

A month out, so I'm bumping this as a reminder. These were always fun get-togethers with lots of great art before we stopped doing this a few years back. We'll make the 3+ hour drive up from San Antonio, and I encourage anyone within striking distance to come and bring art to show, sell or trade. It may not be the Comic Art Con, but every tree has to start as a sapling.