• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massive Superman Run Up For Auction

1 post in this topic

SUPERMAN RUN IN AUCTION!!!

kUVpxA.jpg

ComicConnect is offering a copy of nearly every Superman comic book ever printed in our next auction. Near complete runs of Action Comics, Superman, Adventures of Superman, annuals, variants and so much more will go under the auction hammer this month.

In the consignor’s own words, collectors will find a story similar to their own.

“As a boy I collected comics, with a particular interest in Superman. While my original collection was completely destroyed back in the 70s, my passion for Superman was reignited in the 90s. With a job that found me travelling around the globe, I scoured comic book shops for Superman. I planned to collect purely the title Superman, and only Superman, which is why that run is more filled out and complete than Action Comics, even then I have a huge selection, but Action Comics only became more of an interest later, after already filling out Superman.

I found comics as far as the UK, in pretty much every state in the US mainland, and Canada. Nothing was more fun than visiting a local comic shop in my travels and finding a Superman treasure I’d been searching for for decades, allowing me to check off a spot on the huge list I carried in my wallet. Even with the Internet, I still found excuses to go to comic shops during my travels. Ultimately, my goal was to put together a complete ‘Superman’ collection and in that I’ve been successful in collecting over 2100+ issues and I took it as far as I could – and with that it’s time to let someone else enjoy the fruits of my labors.”

“We’re thrilled he chose our auction house to represent his labor of love,” said Rob Reynolds, Director of Consignments. Go to Superman Collection to view and place bids – starts Monday!