• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #2 CLUB: "The Vulture's Prey"
1 1

137 posts in this topic

Weird.  I'm virtually not (hardly) even on the boards anymore these days.  But no discussion about the 9.0 #2 that just went for $19.2K on the CLINK auction??!!  Weird.  Wanna know what I paid for my 9.0 in May 2016...you don't...trust me...

Discuss.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D34%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1201286&id=1201286&itemType=0

17 minutes ago, trmoore54 said:

Weird.  I'm virtually not (hardly) even on the boards anymore these days.  But no discussion about the 9.0 #2 that just went for $19.2K on the CLINK auction??!!  Weird.  Wanna know what I paid for my 9.0 in May 2016...you don't...trust me...

Discuss.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D34%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%23Item_1201286&id=1201286&itemType=0

I was also shocked by the hammer price. At this rate my dream of owning a 9.0 is rapidly diminishing. I will have to be content with my 7.5

Granted it IS a very nice presenting copy. But the price amazes me - "post" movie hype? lol

17 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I was also shocked by the hammer price. At this rate my dream of owning a 9.0 is rapidly diminishing. I will have to be content with my 7.5

Granted it IS a very nice presenting copy. But the price amazes me - "post" movie hype? lol

It has the WP teaser but the book looks like it has already been pressed so I question the upside potential... (shrug)

On 9/12/2017 at 6:28 PM, trmoore54 said:

Discuss.

I would say that virtually every ASM sold for insane prices so I would put this one out to a speculator buying multiple copies. Anytime there is a set of high grade in one place it just takes one to drive the prices up. Or the copy is purposely under graded and bought by insiders..........

Ahem.....

Whatever the case they are nuts to pay that price for a 9.0 , if it is genuine . Wink...

Oh and interestingly enough the Other guys slabs sold for far under market, and some were some very sharp looking copies . 

Edited by amazingspiderfan

On 9/14/2017 at 9:56 PM, amazingspiderfan said:

Or the copy is purposely under graded and bought by insiders..........

Just curious if this is nothing more than pure speculation and a conspiracy theory on your part, or do you have any actual evidence that this might actually be taking place?  hm