• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #2 CLUB: "The Vulture's Prey"
1 1

137 posts in this topic

Is this issue starting to pick up the "movie villain" price spike? Happened to look at GPA and it shows a CGC 4.0 just sold June 29th for $1754.00 :o

"Nestled" quietly between the more celebrated #1 & #3 maybe it's finally getting its deserving due? (shrug)

Is this issue starting to pick up the "movie villain" price spike? Happened to look at GPA and it shows a CGC 4.0 just sold June 29th for $1754.00 :o

This price seems extremely high. One sold on EBay recently for 925, and there are copies available right now for way less than 1750. One on eBay currently asking 1200, and a 4.5 on CL for 1300.

Not a stretch to say this is Steve Ditko's first Spider-Man cover. Jack Kirby pencilled AF 15 and ASM 1 with Ditko inking.

CGC used to credit "Kirby/Ditko" on the old ASM 1 labels, but now it's just "Ditko cover."

Ghost Town's collection is so good it makes me nauseous :)

Ghost Town should resub all his old label books and see how many come back 9.6 or better, including this one.

He even makes drek look good

Ghost Town's collection is so good it makes me nauseous :)

Ghost Town should resub all his old label books and see how many come back 9.6 or better, including this one.

I respectfully disagree. I think they look awesome in the old label. However, if he wants to sell the books, then maybe it's a good idea. Otherwise, why bother spending all that money if they are keepers ? Obviously, these books would be walkthrus and not cheap.