• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aspen comics honouring Tuners legacy.....maybe NOT (rant)

318 posts in this topic

Anyone notice the Batman Variants that were CGC'd and sold on ebay had a publish date of "8/16" on the label? I haven't really looked at the dates much before but is there a reason it's not dated for this month instead of August?

Because it's cover date is August 2016. Most books are released from the big 2 as a 2 month ahead cover date.

Any idea on when the pre-sale for the Harley Quinn Rebirth variant will be available at the Aspen Store? I've been receiving emails from other comic shops stating pre-sales for Harley are available now. So, my best guess is that the pre-sale will be happening soon, but I could use some help... Thanks!

I think having a limited edition is fine, in fact it ups the profile of a book, which then resurrects the recent and relevant interest in Michael Turner, keeping his name, art and memories alive. If the book was produced in masses, ending up in dollar bins, it sort of in part tarnishes his legacy seeing his books in the bargain bins. By making the books elusive and desirable, it creates a buzz and reminds folks of how great his artwork is/was and how well respected (as many correlate a value to the name) he is in the hobby.

Aspen did a good job servicing the fans by limiting the books, and I think a 1 per person policy is good, to avoid as best possible, the resellers who add that middle layer to the costs. It's an open market 'tho, with free trade alive and thriving.

I think what Aspen can do, is make limited or open ended prints of the limited edition variant comic book covers, so those fans who may love the image, can still have it, and in fact display it in a larger size format, with less to complain about.

As with anything visual like art, if you love the art, you need not own it to appreciate it, so simply right click your mouse to save the image and you can enjoy the aesthetics for free.

I think having a limited edition is fine, in fact it ups the profile of a book, which then resurrects the recent and relevant interest in Michael Turner, keeping his name, art and memories alive. If the book was produced in masses, ending up in dollar bins, it sort of in part tarnishes his legacy seeing his books in the bargain bins. By making the books elusive and desirable, it creates a buzz and reminds folks of how great his artwork is/was and how well respected (as many correlate a value to the name) he is in the hobby.

Aspen did a good job servicing the fans by limiting the books, and I think a 1 per person policy is good, to avoid as best possible, the resellers who add that middle layer to the costs. It's an open market 'tho, with free trade alive and thriving.

I think what Aspen can do, is make limited or open ended prints of the limited edition variant comic book covers, so those fans who may love the image, can still have it, and in fact display it in a larger size format, with less to complain about.

As with anything visual like art, if you love the art, you need not own it to appreciate it, so simply right click your mouse to save the image and you can enjoy the aesthetics for free.

I've been doing this for a while. I have a gallery of my fav covers virgin art. Gonna print them off on nice paper and get some cheap frames and get them signed.

Just received an email from Aspen:

"You read that right! The one and only Harley Quinn is getting the Michael Turner Aspen Exclusive treatment! The AspenStore.com pre-order begins Monday, July 11th at 9am PST/12pm EST! This gorgeous cover is drawn by the legendary Michael Turner, with colors by the amazing Peter Steigerwald! Get your hands on the beautiful full-color Michael Turner cover for $14.99, or grab the set of both color, and the limited edition black-and-white Artist Edition for $29.99! But act fast, these books usually sell out within hours of going on sale! Don't miss your chance to own a unique piece of Michael Turner history! There will be a very strict limit of 2 PER ACCOUNT, and additional orders will be cancelled and refunded!"

PreSales for Micheal Turners' Exclusive Harley Quinn #1 starts on Monday, July 11th!

any mention of the print run? hopefully they hold firm to the 3k/1.5k model.

Unfortunately, that information didn't come in the email I received. I'm hoping it's still in the 3k/1.5k category.

any mention of the print run? hopefully they hold firm to the 3k/1.5k model.

Unfortunately, that information didn't come in the email I received. I'm hoping it's still in the 3k/1.5k category.

Where is the shaking head emoticon? Can't find it, but this one works, too :screwy:

From Aspencomic's fb page:

Great news, Aspen fans! We've listened to fan feedback and gone back for an all new printing on our www.AspenStore.com Batman #1 Michael Turner & Peter Steigerwald exclusive variant! Featuring this all new colored version limited to 2,000 copies, this exclusive will be released at NOON (Eastern) on JULY 13th! This variant will be strictly limited to 1 copy per account! See you then! #aspencomics #dccomics