• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aspen comics honouring Tuners legacy.....maybe NOT (rant)

318 posts in this topic

Not happy about this but at the same time I'm definitely not cancelling my order. If they do this with the other books, I will reconsider buying Suicide Squad and All-Star Batman from them.

The print numbers are only going up........

hmmm....1500 more Puddin Packs @$60/ = $90,000 3500 more Dual Packs at $30/ =$105,000 and 6000 more Color Books @$15/= $90,000 . SO, $285,000 more in sales (17,500 more books sold . Cost is approx $52,500) . Good on them for going above and beyond for their new fans

Exactly (thumbs u

This is what brought about the downfall of American girl dolls (they're still made but not a collectible) and muffy Vanderbear. When you take away the rarity of a formerly rare item and decide to mass produce to fulfill a perceived demand (or greed from the makers), interest for the product goes down by those who made your item desirable in the first place. They never learn from the tale of the goose that laid the golden eggs. I've seen this happen too many times. Speculators serve a purpose and the few squeaky wheels need to be ignored (not just in comic collecting)

But selling to an ever decreasing group of people is going to keep the comic market afloat?

The opposite occurred with baseball cards. The product got rarer and rarer to the point 1 of 1 products were being produced. And look where that hobby is right now?

The reason they have the 2 books still in-stock has very little to do with cancellations. Since Monday they INCREASED the color from 3000 to 9000! And the B&W to 6000! That was a byproduct of them answering the overwhelming demand from people to have more Hatless variants ( which was supposed to go from 1000 to 2500). They back down from the Hatless increase but still are keeping the other 2 increases. IF they can cancel those increases I am sure they will or would if they can. They caved into those that had the limited book but bitc h slapped the people who owned the other 2 books. Also, there was supposed to be a very LIMITED quantity avaiable of these 2 books with a STRICT limit of 1 per account. They haven't changed the new "rules" for today but they did change the limit to 2 ....soon to be unlimited lol

Edited by viperdays

hmmm....1500 more Puddin Packs @$60/ = $90,000 3500 more Dual Packs at $30/ =$105,000 and 6000 more Color Books @$15/= $90,000 . SO, $285,000 more in sales (17,500 more books sold . Cost is approx $52,500) . Good on them for going above and beyond for their new fans

Exactly (thumbs u

This is what brought about the downfall of American girl dolls (they're still made but not a collectible) and muffy Vanderbear. When you take away the rarity of a formerly rare item and decide to mass produce to fulfill a perceived demand (or greed from the makers), interest for the product goes down by those who made your item desirable in the first place. They never learn from the tale of the goose that laid the golden eggs. I've seen this happen too many times. Speculators serve a purpose and the few squeaky wheels need to be ignored (not just in comic collecting)

But selling to an ever decreasing group of people is going to keep the comic market afloat?

The opposite occurred with baseball cards. The product got rarer and rarer to the point 1 of 1 products were being produced. And look where that hobby is right now?

Cards are as expensive as ever. I agree that the total number of collectors is down, but the key cards are doing much better than key comics over the same time period. I have no idea what this means for longterm viability. I just know that most every key card seems to be doubling and tripling over very small periods of time.

So despite that increase in the print runs for HQ anybody here still wants to get the All Star Batman next week?

I think that depends on the print run. I don't mind a higher print run if the price point is lower.

Not a full picture but a partial. Note the date has backed up from the 18th to the 30th. Suicide Squad has been backed up from the 25th to August 6th.

Aspen%20AS%20Batman_zpsq71yvzoa.jpg

AS%20Suicide%20Squad_zpsozzkgefs.jpg

Damn I wasn't going to get suicide squad but if it's turners Joker it's a must.

When did batman 1 2nd print variant come up for sale again? With shipping its not worth it for one as it won't let you purchase two even though it says there is a limit of two.