• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aspen comics honouring Tuners legacy.....maybe NOT (rant)

318 posts in this topic

Honestly, if you're buying it for the art, why not get a print? They're usually bigger and have good color. That's what I do. I can't pay stupid amounts of money AND you still get to honor his art and legacy.

The only covers I chase are Harley, Supergirl, and power Girl.

That's a boardie i think Dre sumthing?!?

Yes, Dre, aka BeachBum. I can only guess he walked in and requested old cases, because he has several new books all in the old case.

They were walkthroughs; don't know if he ever said regarding case requests.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9422797#Post9422797

That's a boardie i think Dre sumthing?!?

Yes, Dre, aka BeachBum. I can only guess he walked in and requested old cases, because he has several new books all in the old case.

They were walkthroughs; don't know if he ever said regarding case requests.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9422797#Post9422797

Yep there you go. I'm not too far from their HQ, I should take a drive up there and do my own walkthrough

It'll be the same print run but quantities will be limited more

How do you know? Where'd they post it? Everything I've seen hasn't confirmed the print run, and there are rumors that this print run would be higher.

How do you know? Where'd they post it? Everything I've seen hasn't confirmed the print run, and there are rumors that this print run would be higher.

I emailed Aspen after I received my Batman books and they told me they were limiting the quantities and increasing the print runs.

I emailed Aspen after I received my Batman books and they told me they were limiting the quantities and increasing the print runs.

1500/3000 seems like quite enough...I guess if people are going to whine they'll just crank up the presses. Maybe 2500/5000

1500/3000 seems like quite enough...I guess if people are going to whine they'll just crank up the presses. Maybe 2500/5000

Someone on Aspen's facebok page claims to have insider knowledge that they have increased the print run. That's all they'll say they won't say to what.

Do you think these Turner comics are going to keep being in demand like Batman 1 and Spiderman 15, or were those two anomalies. Batman cause it's Batman and a #1 and a new Turner cover. Spiderman 15 off the hype of the Batman sell out.

Thoughts?

Someone on Aspen's facebok page claims to have insider knowledge that they have increased the print run. That's all they'll say they won't say to what.

Do you think these Turner comics are going to keep being in demand like Batman 1 and Spiderman 15, or were those two anomalies. Batman cause it's Batman and a #1 and a new Turner cover. Spiderman 15 off the hype of the Batman sell out.

Thoughts?

I've heard a lot of people saying they don't like the justice league 1 cover...but...doesn't mean I won't try and get a couple sets. They should sell for quite a bit more than you're paying for them.

Supply & Demand....if resellers are buying and flipping for 5x as much to settle demand for it, why wouldn't Aspen print more to satisfy the demand and make the additional profit?

Supply & Demand....if resellers are buying and flipping for 5x as much to settle demand for it, why wouldn't Aspen print more to satisfy the demand and make the additional profit?

Pretty much dead on accurate. It would not surprise me if Aspen has sat back and watched their first two Turner variants (Batman and Spider-Man) sell out fast and have some people reselling for a lot more on eBay, something I don't frown upon but also can understand the other side's argument about advertising books as a certain condition before they have them. I believe I read somewhere Aspen was going to have an allotment of the Justice League #1 variant at SDCC, and while they have said the print run has increased, it would not surprise me if the color cover will have 5000 made, and the sketch cover have 3000 made. Increasing the print run and limiting the books per customer will at the same time make it so more collectors/fans can have them in their collection but also should see the prices not spike so high. In many ways everyone wins, more fans get it, and Aspen sees more revenue. I am just curious if some of the proceeds are going to Turner's family, I have not really been following these variants but hopefully the Turner family is seeing some of this money.

If you were in the business of selling a limited edition series of comic books only available through your store and the first two releases sold out in less than a day don't you think it would be in your best interest to print additional copies for any future issues?