• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know what this Romita Jr Spiderman piece is from?

10 posts in this topic

I think it may have come from a book called DREAM TEAM #1, which had a cover date of July 1995. That book had a pin-up of Spider-Man and Prototype (a Malibu character) by John Romita Jr. I'm not familiar with Prototype but checking him out on Google Images makes me believe it could be the same character as the art you posted. I don't have the book to confirm this, though.

I think it may have come from a book called DREAM TEAM #1, which had a cover date of July 1995. That book had a pin-up of Spider-Man and Prototype (a Malibu character) by John Romita Jr. I'm not familiar with Prototype but checking him out on Google Images makes me believe it could be the same character as the art you posted. I don't have the book to confirm this, though.

^ Yes sir

I think this is the right call, it was a pin-up book that had Marvel characters with the newly acquired Malibu characters - MyComicShop has a listing of the pin-ups and artists - Prototype/Spider-Man by John Romita, Jr.