• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most ridiculous Stan lee SS???...
5 5

327 posts in this topic

Here's my take on the whole signature on a comic book thing.

I don't understand why you get a purple label for ink on a comic, yet Sig series you don't. It's really the same thing. It will damage your book over time! I personally feel that if you want a signature of someone whom you admire(which I'm not adverse to) get it on something else.

I have Stans signature on a cartoon cel of Spider Man,it fills my need to have his signature. 

20180225_070153.jpg

I'll be honest... a lot of the signatures people have posted are bad.  However, ever since I saw this a few years ago I've always considered it to be the worst of the worst.  But I admit maybe I'm being too critical....

Spoiler

monaSS.thumb.jpg.72321742004acd916517983f0b1ff2c6.jpg

The only other one that I considered in the same ball park was this... but because so many other people had already signed it (I assume other comic-related guys, but I am not familiar with all the names) it doesn't bug me as much..

Spoiler

DeclarationSS.jpg.9f96df79a8e85d72fcdacc3fd6b34604.jpg

On 2/25/2018 at 3:21 PM, fmaz said:

The only other one that I considered in the same ball park was this... but because so many other people had already signed it (I assume other comic-related guys, but I am not familiar with all the names) it doesn't bug me as much..

Hide contents

DeclarationSS.jpg.9f96df79a8e85d72fcdacc3fd6b34604.jpg

pretty sure he was there when all those guys signed it.

12 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I should get Stan to sign my copy -- a yellow label for it would be so fitting....

Spoiler

my mustache/goatee riddled pence copy

8HW9ZSkl.jpg

23 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Been listed for months now.  And I think the price keeps increasing...  (shrug)

3 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

In the listing:

"The fact is; only a finite number of Stan Lee signature comics exist."

That is true.  But doesn't make it rare. 

lolSo true.lol Unless the signer is immortal, their signature will always be finite. 1 signature or 10 billion signatures are both still finite. However, I bet that line works on some.

4 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

In the listing:

"The fact is; only a finite number of Stan Lee signature comics exist."

That is true.  But doesn't make it rare. 

1 hour ago, Skeptic_Kepp said:

lolSo true.lol Unless the signer is immortal, their signature will always be finite. 1 signature or 10 billion signatures are both still finite. However, I bet that line works on some.

He should go a step further on the sales pitch -- "The fact is; only a finite number of Journey Into Mystery #125 comics that are in 9.8 condition and signed by Stan Lee exist."

On ‎2018‎/‎02‎/‎25 at 8:19 AM, oakman29 said:

I don't understand why you get a purple label for ink on a comic, yet Sig series you don't. It's really the same thing. It will damage your book over time! I personally feel that if you want a signature of someone whom you admire(which I'm not adverse to) get it on something else.

I have Stans signature on a cartoon cel of Spider Man,it fills my need to have his signature. 

20180225_070153.jpg

I am not all that interested in signatures on my comics either. I don't have any. I do have 2 Stan signatures: one on a piece of Spiderman art I did, the other is on my Marvel value Stamp booklet.

It is such a strange mystery: the minute Ditko and Kirby abandoned ship at Marvel the eternally creative Stan the Man suddenly stopped creating anything. And he hasnt created anything since.
What a strange mystery?

Lee's input:
1) filling out word balloons in the panels
2) nailing down as much creative credit to himself as his managerial power at Marvel corp allowed him to seize, thus screwing over the two real creators Steve and Jack.

This bufoon is a disgrace ... (just as his tasteless and ugly FC-signatures are s disgrace).

Edited by Mr bla bla

3 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:
It is such a strange mystery: the minute Ditko and Kirby abandoned ship at Marvel the eternally creative Stan the Man suddenly stopped creating anything. And he hasnt created anything since.
What a strange mystery?

Lee's input:
1) filling out word balloons in the panels
2) nailing down as much creative credit to himself as his managerial power at Marvel corp allowed him to seize, thus screwing over the two real creators Steve and Jack.

This bufoon is a disgrace ... (just as his tasteless and ugly FC-signatures are s disgrace).

Sendt fra min iPhone

I feel the same way about Kirby and Ditko.

On 2/25/2018 at 9:19 AM, oakman29 said:

I don't understand why you get a purple label for ink on a comic, yet Sig series you don't.

I realize you posted this six months ago, but I'm just now seeing it.

Are you kidding?  Ink on a comic book intended to hide damage and pass it off as a higher graded universal book is a color-touch restoration.  Ink on a comic book by a creator (the complete opposite of hiding the ink) is a Signature Series.

They're complete opposites.

14 hours ago, jcjames said:

That is absolutely awesome. He wrote the book. I may be the only guy who appreciates that, but I do. If I had stupid money, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.