• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most ridiculous Stan lee SS???...
5 5

327 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2018 at 12:49 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Why so many GSXM books with Stan's signature? Because he was involved with the original group?

Why so many ASM 300s signed by Stan Lee?  Or Wolverine Limited #1s?  

You could ask that question about a lot of books.

10 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Why so many ASM 300s signed by Stan Lee?  Or Wolverine Limited #1s?  

You could ask that question about a lot of books.

I think any ASM is fine with his sig but wolverine? GSXM? It seems like his sig would work heavily against any wolverine book or "new X-MEN". Just weird

Reminds me of the episode of Big Bang Theory where they're discussing which books to get signed by Lee & Sheldon suggested a Batman book saying something like "it would be one of a kind" or something

1 hour ago, spracknetch23 said:

I think to many, Stan Lee "is" Marvel, so his signature on virtually anything Marvel is justified in their eyes.

I've seen John Romita Sr's signature on Hulk 340, which makes even less sense to me, unless I'm missing something...

Other than Romita Sr. was one of the co-creators of the Wolverine, I have no idea....

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, fmaz said:

I'll be honest... a lot of the signatures people have posted are bad.  However, ever since I saw this a few years ago I've always considered it to be the worst of the worst.  But I admit maybe I'm being too critical....

Hide contents

monaSS.thumb.jpg.72321742004acd916517983f0b1ff2c6.jpg

This really did make me laugh out loud...thank you!  :roflmao:

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, Spidey 62 said:

But he doesn't have to do it.  He could choose to do only a couple hundred a day for the weekend, and try to take a little time.  I get that his eyesight is bad now, but he has been churning out these sigs for 20 years.  It's like Shatner.

Sounds like it's a "volume driven" process...

mine came out good, i made sure to tell max (the one time he was actually useful) exactly where i wanted stan to sign. the problem with these bad signatures is they are unprepared, no window bags, no preparation just putting a AF 15 in front of stan without anything. spider roach is a different story though

IMG_0054.thumb.JPG.2980279e01068c1be3f447abca011184.jpg

20 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I think Stan was still editor when GSXM 1 came out

never mind-- he wasn't

Giant-Size+X-Men+01+-+02.jpg

crazier still are the signatures on bronze age DC comics

He was mainly a figurehead at this point doing comic cons and giving college lectures. He stopped being editor in 72 after FF 125

If I'm not mistaken his last active role was in Epic Illustrated #1 in 1980 by Marvel involving silver surfer

23 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Stan wrote several comics after 1972, including She-Hulk #1, Ravage 2099 #1-8, Silver Surfer vol 2 #1, Thor #385, and others.

I love Thor 385, and also Parable from '88 is one of my all time favorite SS stories. Some folks don't like the pained/tortured SS stories, but I dig them. 

On 8/26/2018 at 12:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Other than Romita Sr. was one of the co-creators of the Wolverine, I have no idea....

You're right of course but I'm not sure it would work on a 340? Romita Sr doesn't quite fit into a late copper book imo. He's more silver and bronzy. McFarlane or Wiacek would be preferable there.

But there you go it's all subjective

8 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:
On 8/26/2018 at 11:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You're right of course but I'm not sure it would work on a 340? Romita Sr doesn't quite fit into a late copper book imo. He's more silver and bronzy. McFarlane or Wiacek would be preferable there.

But there you go it's all subjective

I agree :foryou: the #340 left me scratching my head .....