• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most ridiculous Stan lee SS???...
5 5

327 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I totally understand your issue, but I disagree. I think it's magnificent that that book survived in 9.8 all these years, and then has an authentic Stan sig on it. 

Before SS, I would have completely agreed with you. Since SS, though, which provides a mechanism of 99% surety that that book was signed by Stan...I love it.

Creators sign their original art all the time...and by definition, only one piece exists. I appreciate, probably more than most, the total and completely random chance that a book survives in that grade from then until now. It's almost miraculous. 

Frankly, I think the people who get original art signed "to them" are guilty of a far, far worse crime. I've seen multiple pieces signed to collectors, who are mere caretakers of these pieces, like all of us, which I think is gross and disgusting...like this one:

17692668%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Who is this "John" guy, and why is he getting OA signed to him? Did he have anything to do with creating this piece, or is he just some guy who happened to own that page at one point?

In some cases the artists gifted those pages to fans that wrote in praising their work.  In this case I would assume it was given to a fan. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

In some cases the artists gifted those pages to fans that wrote in praising their work.  In this case I would assume it was given to a fan. 

It was a rhetorical question. No doubt, you are correct. But that art...no pun intended...now has one individual's name on it, when it's a one of a kind.

If people are going to complain about sigs on rare, ultra high grade books...or, "God forbid", pedigrees...how much worse is some fan's name on OA?

On 8/28/2018 at 11:03 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

If people are going to complain about sigs on rare, ultra high grade books...or, "God forbid", pedigrees...how much worse is some fan's name on OA?

I still think you should get the death penalty for getting a pedigree signed. 

On 11/8/2018 at 10:10 PM, Aweandlorder said:

This ones a real beauty

s-l1600 (8).jpg

Nope its disgusting.

complete lack of creative taste...

I will go on record and posit that a person who would be the co creator of icons like spidey or galactus would never, never, ever place a sig so distastefully...

Edited by Mr bla bla