• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most ridiculous Stan lee SS???...
5 5

327 posts in this topic

I have an ASM 70 signed by Stan right over John Romita obliterating his signature. I will try and take a pic tomorrow and post.

Did you slap The Man in the head, or were his goons around?

It was done under a very reputable comic store during their watch. I had nothing to do with it.

I have an ASM 70 signed by Stan right over John Romita obliterating his signature. I will try and take a pic tomorrow and post.

It was done under a very reputable comic store during their watch. I had nothing to do with it.

bet I could guess which one

bet I could guess which one

A clue....Canadian book store

OK, there are lots of books he signed that he had nothing to do with. And the infamous cockroach sketch. How about nominees for terrible placement?

Would have been nice if he signed in the space above with the writing

TOS%2065_zpsfwel4kmm.jpg

Edited by silverweb

OK, there are lots of books he signed that he had nothing to do with. And the infamous cockroach sketch. How about nominees for terrible placement?

Would have been nice if he signed in the space above with the writing

TOS%2065_zpsfwel4kmm.jpg

Wow. What a POS signature.

I have only recently started buying silver keys, and the quantity of books spoiled is quite alarming. From really nice mid-grade AF 15s to 9.6 FF 48 - the range is woeful.

Good....Bad....He's the guy with the pen.

If that's what the owner wanted, then bam. I don't think he'll be able to sell it. For much. I'm sure someone would probably buy it. People will buy anything.

Part of me speculates that Stan Lee places the autograph on CGC signature series books in the worst spots as sort of his own quirky way of venting towards resellers, maybe. Just like how Postal employees have been known to handle packages marked "fragile" with added rough handling. I wouldn't be surprised if Stan is smiling inside at times signing for folks maybe he feels are just in it for the money.

One can blame the placement now on his failing eyesight, but That is more recent of an obstacle and excuse.

I guess that is why many people cut Windows on plastic bags to guide where signatures are places and to protect the condition of the book.

He's always a gracious guy in person, nice to fans in public, so maybe it's a way of venting, since nobody can be on and happy all of the time.

Part of me speculates that Stan Lee places the autograph on CGC signature series books in the worst spots as sort of his own quirky way of venting towards resellers, maybe. Just like how Postal employees have been known to handle packages marked "fragile" with added rough handling. I wouldn't be surprised if Stan is smiling inside at times signing for folks maybe he feels are just in it for the money.

One can blame the placement now on his failing eyesight, but That is more recent of an obstacle and excuse.

I guess that is why many people cut Windows on plastic bags to guide where signatures are places and to protect the condition of the book.

He's always a gracious guy in person, nice to fans in public, so maybe it's a way of venting, since nobody can be on and happy all of the time.

That would make him a hypocrite with what he is charging to sign items.

That would make him a hypocrite with what he is charging to sign items.

That would be correct, however, just like how a Pimp and a Prostiture charge their clients, the prostitutes don't necessarily enjoy what they do and are often disgruntled by what they are paid as well as disturbed by how much the pimp makes off of them.

A friend of mine once said, prostitutuion was defined by him not as a sex trade, but in a broader sense of "the act of doing something for compensation that you you'd otherwise not do for free" - selling your services. :)

Edited by AKA Rick