• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most ridiculous Stan lee SS???...
5 5

327 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Cyrax said:

I really feel like they are exploiting the man at this point. It's a bit sad. I'd love to get something signed from him, but that whole exploitative vibe I get from it would really taint the experience

I am sure Stan does it for the love of comics and the fans. He is compensated and while he probably doesn't need the money he is doing it for his family and legacy.

I sent off an Xmen 12 to be signed by Stan, I get it back today, and I'm dying to know how it turned out :) hopefully I won't have to post it in this thread......

I know the grade and I know that it wasn't restored, but it did get Cream to Off-White pages, oh well can't win them all 

23 hours ago, jcjames said:

That's just wrong.

High grade mega-key should NOT be damaged by writing.

I don't mind and I even own low and midgrade signed books, but come on - that's just wrong. What a waste of a great high-grade book! 

+1!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I'm guessing this has already been brought up but, I remember seeing him write "for ebay" when signing someone's book.  :frown:

Couldn't this possibly make it a more valuable signature?  I mean Stan would have to put in more than his standard assembly line effort in order to add in the "for ebay" quip... hm

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.d7faa9fec52f72660a1feaac6b55c2f9.jpg

I got no beef with him signing high grade mega keys.  My beef is with him signing high grade mega keys that have nothing to do with him..  I get he made hulk, but this is key because of Wolvie, which he had NOTHING do with.  1st DD, 1st Hulk, go to town Stan, even on my CGC 9.8.  But 1st Wolvie....booooooooo

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

this one is ridiculous for the price(25.5K) but was interesting in that they placed the signature on the back cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-4-CGC-9-4-SS-STAN-LEE-WHITE-1ST-APP-SA-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-L-K-IT/112485196229?hash=item1a30a3e1c5:g:QikAAOSwS0lZ46~d

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Seller did the same with a Daredevil 1.  Back cover sig looks even worse than a poorly placed front cover sig imho.