• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most ridiculous Stan lee SS???...
5 5

327 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

this one is ridiculous for the price(25.5K) but was interesting in that they placed the signature on the back cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-4-CGC-9-4-SS-STAN-LEE-WHITE-1ST-APP-SA-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-L-K-IT/112485196229?hash=item1a30a3e1c5:g:QikAAOSwS0lZ46~d

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Interesting.

Now I am wondering; as long as CGC witnesses the signature it appears it doesn`t matter where the signature is. Therefore, I could have the signor open the book and sign at the bottom of the splash page.

Has anyone seen a book signature series with the signature inside the book

32 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Interesting.

Now I am wondering; as long as CGC witnesses the signature it appears it doesn`t matter where the signature is. Therefore, I could have the signor open the book and sign at the bottom of the splash page.

Has anyone seen a book signature series with the signature inside the book

I have one like that, it states on label Michael Bendis signed on first page.

If I think about it I could post a picture later. It is SS signature series yellow label 

2 hours ago, slg343 said:

I have started moving towards having the back signed on any expensive books.  I still have the signature without interfering with the art on the front.  And it is mostly an encapsulated memory for me.

I really like this idea.  It could make me rethink signatures on keys.

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I know this isn't a Stan Lee signature, but I wasn't sure where to put it.

sketch.thumb.png.12d77173ab4468e486e3c86d972a63f7.png

Up Tom Kings arse might be a good place :whatthe:

On 8/29/2017 at 12:59 AM, KryptoMayor said:

This belongs to a friend of mine. He is so heart broken over it. He watched Stan Lee sign it and all he could do was scream inside. 

IMG_2550.JPG

Curious why would anyone place their signature over another signature? Doesn't he see it?

10 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Curious why would anyone place their signature over another signature? Doesn't he see it?

Stan's eyesight sure ain't what it used to be.   I pointed to one of his handlers, what I thought was a pretty obvious, more than decent sized, white patch for him to aim for, and his handler said something like 'Seriously?!?', like I was asking him to fit it on a pin head.   Stan tried, but still not the best placement.  

9 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I know this isn't a Stan Lee signature, but I wasn't sure where to put it.

sketch.thumb.png.12d77173ab4468e486e3c86d972a63f7.png

And King probably thinks he's doing the guy a favor since the book will obviously end up selling on Ebay for hundreds of dollars in a couple days anyway.

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, Juswuh said:

To be fair, it's not hard to find another copy of that book - is it? Doing that to a rare high grade book would be justification for manslaughter.

agreed. 

Still I completely sympathize with the owner who wanted just a signature and got tomfoolery.

I have very few signatures, none of which are on comics. I have a Stan Lee sig on a piece of art I did of Spiderman, a Stan Lee on an interior art page of Fantastic Four 112 ( which was the very first comic I ever bought when I was a little kid ) and a Stan Lee on an unfilled Marvel Value Stamp book, and a Frank Frazetta on the interior splash of a Vampirella #1.

Edited by Artboy99

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

agreed. 

Still I completely sympathize with the owner who wanted just a signature and got tomfoolery.

I have very few signatures, none of which are on comics. I have a Stan Lee sig on a piece of art I did of Spiderman, a Stan Lee on an interior art page of Fantastic Four 112 ( which was the very first comic I ever bought when I was a little kid ) and a Stan Lee on an unfilled Marvel Value Stamp book, and a Frank Frazetta on the interior splash of a Vampirella #1.

I think it resembles shenanigans more than tomfoolery. 

But, just like grading, tomfoolery is subjective.

:cool: