• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SILVER SABLE & BLACK CAT (TBD)
2 2

70 posts in this topic

Sony Reportedly Still Planning Spider-Man Universe Silver Sable Movie

silver-sable-spider-man-movies-187520.jpg

Sony Pictures still has the licences to produce films with Spider-Man... and his related characters, the same characters they had before the rights-sharing deal with Marvel Studios, which puts Spider-Man in the MCU, was struck. Before that deal, Sony Pictures had several spin-offs planned, and one of those featured the female mercenary Silver Sable. On a podcast called Meet the Movie Press, Jeff Sneider said that the project, leaked in the massive breach of Sony emails, is still alive. Screenwriter Abi Morgan (The Iron Lady, Suffragette) is reportedly in talks on the project.

This would be an interesting move for Sony as they hope that Spider-Man: Homecoming will restart their franchise opportunities in the superhero world. Silver Sable, as a spy and mercenary, could fulfill the great desire from fans clamoring for a Black Widow movie. The only issue here is, Silver Sable is an extremely unknown commodity to the general public. She's appeared on a few episodes of various Spider-Man animated series, and in a few video games, but it's safe to say the general public doesn't know who she is.

:wishluck:

Another article on this rumor.

Sony’s Spider-Man Expanded Universe May Include Silver Sable Movie

Silver Sable hails from Marvel comics, and as part of Sony’s Spider-Man licensing deal from decades ago, the studio is entitled to use her on the big screen. She’s a spy, mercenary and generally a bit of an antiheroine, so that makes her perfect franchise fodder. After material like Deadpool proved audiences are happy to back an antihero, Silver Sable’s a solid choice for a Spidey spinoff.

The news comes from former Wrap reporter Jeff Sneider on this week’s Meet The Movie Press podcast. During his time on the show, he confirmed the project’s existence after it was first teased in e-mails published during the Sony hack. The film is in development with a -script currently getting hammered out by The Invisible Woman and Suffragette scribe Abi Morgan. The idea of a female-led superhero flick would be a most welcome addition to the comic book movie canon; fans have longed for a Black Widow spinoff since she made her debut in Iron Man 2.

All that’s for certain now is that Spider-Man: Homecoming is the next – and only – Spidey-related movie slated for release. It could be that Sony is waiting to see how audiences react to the film before greenlighting a Silver Sable flick.

And back she is again. Plus one more.

Spider-Man: Silver Sable & Black Cat Spinoff in Development

Black-Cat-and-Silver-Sable-movie.jpg?aut

THR is reporting that Sony is moving forward with plans for a Black Cat and Silver Sable movie. With a previous draft of the -script written by Lisa Joy, the co-creator of Westworld, they have now brought Chris Yost onboard to pen the latest version. Yost already has superhero ties after writing the -script on Thor: Ragnarok, but that will not help this cause as THR‘s Borys Kit has gone on to clarify on Twitter that these films will not be connected to the MCU and Kevin Feige is not involved.

With Spider-Man: Homecoming due out later this year, it is quite surprising for Sony to move forward with all of these spinoffs and not have the ability to cross them over with Holland’s version. After all, it was Sony’s last Spidey adventure without the help of Marvel Studios that brought fans to beg for the character to come back to Marvel. Sony will have to do some work to regain the favor of fans, especially with these films potentially eliminating these characters from appearing within the MCU.

Even though fans may want this to only be connected to the MCU or not exist at all, from Sony’s perspective it makes sense to move forward with these projects. The Spider-Man brand has been rejuvenated and people are dying to see more, but if Marvel Studios does not have room for these projects, then it is better for them to try to capitalize now, rather than wait and see if there is a place for them in the MCU. Plus, if they do start production later this year, a superhero film with two female leads would be the first of its kind – depending on how quickly Gotham City Sirens develops.

SONY - WTH?

I would be surprised if this movie ever gets made.  I even have doubts about the Venom solo flick without first being introduced in a Spidey film.

Personally, I would MUCH rather see a "Suicide Squad" or heist type movie comprised of Spidey's best villains...Big Wheel, Grizzly, Looter, Mind Worm, Rocket Racer, Shriek, Will O the Wisp and White Rabbit...The Kangaroo makes an appearance for like 10 minutes but is quickly killed off.  Throw in Hammerhead and CHA-CHING!

1 minute ago, Wall-Crawler said:

SONY - WTH?

I would be surprised if this movie ever gets made.  I even have doubts about the Venom solo flick without first being introduced in a Spidey film.

Personally, I would MUCH rather see a "Suicide Squad" or heist type movie comprised of Spidey's best villains...Big Wheel, Grizzly, Looter, Mind Worm, Rocket Racer, Shriek, Will O the Wisp and White Rabbit...The Kangaroo makes an appearance for like 10 minutes but is quickly killed off.  Throw in Hammerhead and CHA-CHING!

Don't forgot , The Spot !!

099.jpg

25 minutes ago, Likefro said:

Will O the Wisp  could be a very good villain. There's some potential there. Certainly, he wasn't a joke like Big Wheel or some of those other schlubs.

Villain angle would be cool too.

Regardless, I think a "Sinister Syndicate" movie has legs :)  

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Silver Sable & The Wild Pack 

Ok, so who is The Wild Pack? I never read that series.

2478943-silversable01.jpg

Silver Sable is the head of Silver Sable International, merc and hunter of war criminals (mostly Nazi's I think).  The Wild Pack is her group of mercs...She hired Sandman for a spell...I also think there was a comic that said her company is the backbone of her home country's economy....Symkaria or something.

was it a team up of Silver Sable and Black Cat? or solo movies?

How a Black Cat, Silver Sable Movie Could Do What the 'Spider-Man' Comics Haven't

Sony's Spider-Man universe is expanding again. After news of a Venom movie last week, now it has emerged that Silver Sable and the Black Cat are being groomed to share a future project together. It's an unexpected pairing: Neither one is a household name, and nor do they share an obvious conceptual crossover, outside of them both being female characters.

A relatively minor figure inside the Marvel Universe, Sable has nonetheless worked with Spider-Man, Captain America, the Avengers, and a whole host of other, more famous super-characters throughout her comic book career before her seeming death in the 2012 storyline "Ends of the Earth." (This being comics, of course, there's more than a little uncertainty about whether or not she actually died during that story; either way, she could always return at a later date)

One character who isn't in her rolodex, however, is the Black Cat; despite the two characters being Spider-Man supporting characters, the two haven't crossed path in any appreciable manner in comic book mythology, making the prospect of a movie that teams the two all the more unexpected. For once, the movies are actually offering something that the comic books haven't managed yet… but will that be enough to convince audiences to turn out for the movie?

So it does sound like it will be the Sony-Marvel answer to Gotham Sirens.

On March 23, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

SONY - WTH?

Nope...not without the Rinky Dink Ringer...