• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Maybruck Interview from Comic Zone Radio

68 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2016 at 9:20 PM, aardvark88 said:

1. By polarizing figure, I guess you mean an aggressive comics buyer wheeling and dealing every weekend across states? Like Harley does today traveling non-stop. Big difference now is advent of 3rd party grading and slabs, several competing online auction houses to help one sell choice comics faster at a good margin to the consignor, and eBay, CraigsList or kijiji ads to flush out long boxes of drek. :frustrated:

2. I just remember ads in Alan Light's TBG (pre-CBG for you youngsters) for the b/w Portfolios.

3. Just glad that Jay confirmed why DD #1 is common in hi-grade.

Not sure if I’ll get around to the audio soon but curious why DD 1 is common in high grade ??

On 7/1/2016 at 9:05 PM, N e r V said:

Probably the last time I saw him then.

I remember going round and round with my credit card company trying to buy some books from him with whatever booth he was at. After about 45 minutes we finally got the deal done. He just kept smiling saying this mess happens at cons all the time so no worries.

Joe's a great guy, even for an Eagles fan. I've done a lot of business with him the last ten years, looking forward to seeing him again in CHI.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:28 PM, telerites said:

That looks great.  If I may offer one suggestion - is it possible to put the date of the interview on that page next to the creator?  I know it is full already so possibly offer an option to have another list by year?

Lots of great interviews available and I have listened to most of them already.

Hi- I just realized we do have a link to a chronological listing of interviews by year. http://www.comiczoneradio.com/chronological.html