• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'"Small amount of color touch" - How much is "small"?

8 posts in this topic

Couple pecks with a marker?

Size of a dime?

Size of a quarter?

More?

This is not an easy question to answer. I believe I once had a book that CGC graded using a 'tiny amount of color touch'. Just saying that there is something smaller than 'small'. I think this designation has a very broad stroke and can encompass multiple locations also.

Size of a dime?

Size of a quarter?

More?

This is not an easy question to answer. I believe I once had a book that CGC graded using a 'tiny amount of color touch'. Just saying that there is something smaller than 'small'. I think this designation has a very broad stroke and can encompass multiple locations also.

Yeah. I've seen the "small amount" designation on books where a couple of longish color breaks were filled in.

Size of a dime?

Size of a quarter?

More?

+1

"Small amount of color touch" can be much more than you think.

I bought an AF15 that had "VERY small" amount of color touch, and it turned out to be quite a bit. I figured if CGC went out of their way to put the words "Very Small", that it must have been just a dot or 2, but it turned out to be so much that when I had it professionally removed it really damaged the look of the book.